duramax shops/parts places?

xlr8tn

I'm having an issue with my 06 dirtymax. I noticed the last few days it was taking a little longer than usual to start.....not excessive but just not starting on the bump of the key like normal. I decided today to swap the fuel filter just in case. Well now the fucking thing won't hold prime at all. It'll prime up and run for 10-15 seconds and lose prime.

I don't see any fuel leaking anywhere around the wif sensor or filter head. I looked over the lines as best I could and see no fuel leaking anywhere.

I'm going to go get a new bleed screw tomorrow at the dealership and see if that's where my air is coming in at.

Anyone know of any shops that carry parts for these trucks? I'd like to find an o-ring rebuild kit for that filter head in case I have to do that. Not sure what a dealer charges for the filter head but I'm betting it's not cheap.

I'm between a rock and hard place here. We were supposed to leave Saturday and tow the 5er out to VA Beach for a few days. Kids have never seen the ocean and I've been talking it up to them the last week or so. It's really gonna break their hearts if we can't go. I have 2 full days to get this POS up and running. I'm praying it's that plastic POS bleeder but a back up plan would be nice to have. I don't mind buying a WIF sensor because those aren't too bad cost wise but I really don't want to buy a whole head when I can get a rebuild kit on the cheap.....I just don't have a week to wait on it to get here.

I got it fixed. Had to drive all the way out to wapakoneta to get a new filter head. Primed up and started and stayed running. Gonna let it sit for a while and try it again to make sure it holds prime but I don't see why it wouldn't.