New Range Toy / maybe SHTF?

sol740

Even though I've shot a few ARs I never did get around to purchasing one. Till I strolled on into Vances recently, and then strolled on back out with one. I had planned on building my own AR(even bought a stripped lower), and I still plan to do so, albeit part by part very slowly, but in the meantime I wanted to be able to shoot. I figured basic, and functional would be in order since I could always add on, or go tacti-cool on the next one. Found this Bushmaster M4-style MOE on sale, came with all magpul MOE furniture and foregrip, and a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot, that actually got serviceable reviews. Haven't been able to get to a rifle range yet, but I am chomping at the bit to.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/sol740/IMG_8246.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/sol740/IMG_8245.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/sol740/IMG_8243-1.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/sol740/IMG_8251.jpg

1:9 or 1:7 twist?

1:9, figure that's fine for the ammo I'll be shooting.

Nice looking ShrubMaster. Those a a pretty nice package for the money. I'd recommend moving your VFG further forward though. Also, don't hold onto it like you do cocks; use it as more of a hand stop. You'll have much better control that way.

I also thought it was decent for the cash, thanks for the tip on the VFG, duly noted. I moved it back cause it just seems way more comfortable to hold, as I tend to want to grab the magwell. I may get the grip for that, and move the VFG forward, and have both options :).

Don't grip the mag well and keep your nose on the charging handle. Another thing when shooting, keep your elbows in, not cocked out like you're elbowing someone. Keep it tight, you'll notice your groupings will shrink. If you want a quick zero, buy the Military M4/M16 zero targets. 30 meters represents a 300 meter target, or when 62 grain M855 hits at point of sight.

Don't grip the mag well and keep your nose on the charging handle. Another thing when shooting, keep your elbows in, not cocked out like you're elbowing someone. Keep it tight, you'll notice your groupings will shrink. If you want a quick zero, buy the Military M4/M16 zero targets. 30 meters represents a 300 meter target, or when 62 grain M855 hits at point of sight.

I agree, although I'm not quite as proficient as you. Personally I grip pretty far forward as it tends to give me more control and a quicker transition between targets.

Nice buy, now get shooting and show off some groups.

Cool cool, I've heard the nose to the charging handle thing from buddies in the service. Also, I already tend to keep my elbows in while shooting as I feel more stabilized. I will be buying some of those targets.

Did I miss the price? Looks like a nice gun man welcome to the club.
Thanks, $899.

Nice buy, now get shooting and show off some groups.

I am pretty stoked to get out there. Just need TIME. Which I never seem to have anymore.