zeitgeist57

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=669&pictureid=6938

I couldn't help myself. Used DJM Dream Beams for less than $300 are like hen's teeth...saw this CL deal in Virginia and hit up my brother in Richmond. Since I was definitely not going to find any 80-82 lowering beams, these are from a 1995 F150 and includes the spindles and newer brakes as well! :)

I bought this setup for $180. Big thanks to my older brother who picked them up in his DD and will cycle them to my parents, who will then drop them off with me sometime next month.

GET LOW, CLEETUS...

• 1 month later...

Thanks to Smokey, I just installed a new MSD 6A box and Blaster 2 coil. Cold start still sucks :lol: but revs far more willingly. I realized today I still have the spark plugs from break in!!! Need to swap those out.

OPINIONS WANTED: Paint front bumper body-color red instead of white??? The spray-can paint job is already starting to flake and spots of rust showing through...

EDIT: I charged the battery, and it sat overnight. Just went out in 30-whatever degree evening air and it fired right up!!!!!! Very happy, as it used to take starter fluid to start this carb'd dinosaur anytime the temp was under 40deg. :thumbup:

Edited by zeitgeist57

• 1 year later...

http://i.imgur.com/5Mzfs1c.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OQgl40s.jpg

Somewhere, there's a Farkas saying "I've got the wierdest boner right now..." :no:

"Free" Lowering beams ended up needing new tie rod ends, upper and lower ball joints...and brake rotors. Oh yeah, and the bleeder screws siezed and broke off in the caliper, so gimme two of those. :yuno:

Why is Cleetus still in the driveway? Because I was cruising down and tapped the brakes...but my tappy-tappy ended up going all the way to the floor. Absolutely no brakes. Slammed on the emergency brake. Realized this was the end of the shakedown cruise. :lol: Will bleed it on Sunday, take it to Noebull to be aligned. HERP DERP front wheel alignment in full effect right meow...

215-75-15 all around and the front tires rub. :fuckyeah:. GONNA HAVE TO DOWNSIZE. Tires coming in the fall...going for 235-75 all-terrain and some 205-60s in the front for dat stinkbug stance doe...

"Free" Lowering beams...

...going for...all-terrain...

:dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb:

:lol: Looking good man. Love seeing projects come together.

:dumb: :gabe:

• 3 years later...