Must eat places in NE Cleveland/Mentor...?

Bam

Beer and balogna sandwiches

Haha. No I'm good. Did have chipotle for lunch though!

Were headed to mama robertos I think. Our hotel is right off heisley and rt 2.

Anyone know anything closer to that?

No it doesn't. There is a 1 hour or more wait at Thurman's too. The food is mediocre there as well.

Melt is a great novelty, don't get me wrong......but the food is mediocre at best. I just went there this past weekend. Ordered an Appetizer, 2 Sandwhiches, and some beers with my wife.

We never got the Appetizer, never charged either

1 Sandwhich was wrong (these things take 30 minutes to cook, so it is a long ass wait to get it redone)

The only thing done right was the beer.

I have been there about a dozen times, because every time someone visits me from Columbus, they have to go to Melt. It is like the Thurman's of grilled cheese sandwhiches.

You must have bad luck, you're the first I have ever heard with a bad experience there.

Haha. No I'm good. Did have chipotle for lunch though!

Were headed to mama robertos I think. Our hotel is right off heisley and rt 2.

Anyone know anything closer to that?

you may be right by my grandmas old apartment...do you pass a bdubs getting to one of those weekly rate hotels? diamond center drive i think it is?

Yup, we're at the hampton inn on emerald something or other off diamond center. Bdubs is like right across the road.

Ended up going to Harry Buffalo, good times had by all, 1/2 priced drafts and good burgers.

May venture out a bit more tomorrow, but the places 30+ min away will probably have to wait to the weekend as we're not patient enough to do that at 6 or 7pm.

thanks everyone.

So far my list contains.....

Bravo

Melt Bar and Grilled

Great Lakes brewery

Silvestros or sylvestros

Brennan's

Tommy's in Coventry!!!

Mama Roberto's

Pickle Bill's

Pier W

XO Prime Steaks

The Beer Engine

Hairy buffalo

Pettis Pizza

Guys Pizza.

Westside Market

Blazin Bills

And matt, ill pay you to stop at T&T bakery in painesville and bring me 2-3 loaves of blueberry pound cake. Seriously. :fa:

I can do that bud, i'll be home a week from saturday if your're serious I can pick it up friday before I leave.

Keep them coming guys, me and my coworkers are all about trying some new stuff.

Did Hairy Buffalo tonight and heard from a local coworker that the Westside Market is the place to be on the weekend, so will probably stop by there as well.

Yeah, if you keep going down diamond center, itll cross into painesville (stop sign is the city line)...that big complex of apartments is her old place...

And im serious about the pound cakes. Lol...ill call and see if they need to be preordered caus last time my dad was up there, they werent making them that day or time of year...i cant remember. Hahaha

And good that you liked hairy buffalo...did you play cornhole on the patio? My cousins from texas had never heard of it when they were here last year ...they loved it

Hairy buffalo was the place...it was good food

Ah yea, I have never had their food but I drink there from time to time. They are a chain but I think it is only in NE Ohio. May need to stop there since Winking Lizard doesn't have bison burgers anymore and I think HB does.

is Meximilian's in mentor still around?? i used to love that place as a kid. great tex mex food and the building was cool!

eta....i just google street viewed it and it looks like it might now be a kia dealership...wtf >:(

Yea they completely tore down Meximilian's to expand the Mitsu/Kia dealer. Which really sucks because that was one of the coolest buildings ever, especially for being in Mentor. I knew of the kids in the family that owned it.

And Matt, I would add Cabana's to your list. 5 minutes from your location (Mentor Ave. and Hopkins, across from the Kia dealer) and they have great food and a decent bar too. Longo's has good italian food, as does Primozz (no shortage of italian places here, but nothing exceptional overall).

If you're looking for a good place to hit up some bars, check out downtown Willoughby. Maybe a 10 or 15 minute drive for you, but there are a few decent bars down there and it's a really nice small downtown area. 1899, Ballantine, and Willoughby Brewing Co. are all worth checking out and all within a minute walk from each other. 1899 has 18 beers on tap (lots of interesting stuff) and you won't pay more than $4.50 at most for any beer on tap. Has a really nice bier garden thing that is also connected to Ballantine.