If you have the means...

nochknstrps

You should def. go pick up a porsche...

Took my dad's porsche out to my favorite little spot today, nothing special just a little boxster and I've driven it before but not like today :D. I guess not owning a bike will do this sort of thing to someone.

It doesn't come close to riding a bike in terms of performance as we all know but man does it handle the curves. Carries alot of corner speed and feeling Gs in a long sweeping turn while accelerating thru and hearing the tires scream is def. a rush I look forward to again.

I know what your saying, "for 30k I could have 3 bikes in the garage and smoke you and your little boxster."

Yeah yeah yeah but its still fun!

I make fun of my dad for owning the lil fucker, he should have just gotten the 911 and been done with it. I guess I'll have to let up on giving him shit... or maybe I could pressure him into making an upgrade even sooner. I'll keep you posted.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to claim them to be the "shizznits!!!" As a previous miata owner though, I don't like when people bash them. If you accept them for what they are and what mazda was trying to do with it, then you'll understand the car. The miata wasn't designed to compete with Porsche, or even be considered "high performance". It was designed to be a come back of old british roadsters with the reliability of today's tooling. The fact that you mentioned the Miata in a thread about Porsche speaks of the engineering that went into the car.

If you haven't driven one, which I'm assuming you haven't, then you wouldn't undestand. The car isn't the best out there, but its got spirit and a whole lotta guts (no balls though, and thats why most don't like em)

I've driven my friends air cooled 911 turbo. You have to be very careful when driving the non-AWD 911's, they like to get squirrely. I haven't driven a newer 997 911 yet, but am looking foward to owning one in a few years time.

miata's are one of the OG's of fun to drive cars. the S2000 is more my cup of tea, but there's a good reason why spec miata racing is the shiz.

next, drive a fairly rare mazdaspeed miata. those are light, tight, and has a turbo for great justice. they aren't comfy, but they weren't supposed to be.

My father has a S2000 fully piped, intercooled, shorty shifter, small jet fighter looking Momo steering wheel, pimped out black wheels, carbon fiber trunk and hood, race pedals, etc. I love that little car. FUcker flys and can RAIL around turns.

I never got the miata scene though. I couldn't fit my foot in one of those cars. They look like a tiny hot wheel.

did your dad do that or buy it like that? very cool either way

he must have the heart of a 16 yr old with the wallet of a 60 year old

My dad or Blakes? If you're talking about mine, yeah he did that himself. He bought it stock. He's going on 62 this year and he loves getting into races when peeps get on his ass or bait him..haha. He's been into fast rides since he was 16. I almost wasn't born a few times..lol. One wreck in a vette in the 70's his buddy got decapitated and my father was in a coma for almost a month because of a 100+mph wreck. It's in his blood. He likes street racing scene.

I raced a Porsche on my bike once.

I was like WTF, okay. :roll:

Yea, I kicked it's ass.

Knodel Saturday on his way down 75 to meet up with me said he had a Porsche messing with him and they both got on it and he blew him away.

Most bikes will beat cars in a race.

Knodel Saturday on his way down 75 to meet up with me said he had a Porsche messing with him and they both got on it and he blew him away.

Most bikes will beat cars in a race.

i was tailed today by a yellow porsche...but i dont think the driver knew anything about his car, he was just regular old tailgating.