The New Guy

SayNo2Pugs

Hello everyone, I live in GC and recently purchased an 06 Mustang GT. Wanted to join CR because I know others who have joined and know that it is a great place to get ideas and learn about your car. Working on getting some pics loaded.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

When did we get so easy on newbs? I neg repped him and his shits still green, and he didn't even post pics, wtf?

Welcome to CR, no pics used to equal no welcome, but these guys are getting soft. If i can't tell wif your a deuche or not I give neg rep.

When did we get so easy on newbs? I neg repped him and his shits still green, and he didn't even post pics, wtf?

Welcome to CR, no pics used to equal no welcome, but these guys are getting soft. If i can't tell wif your a deuche or not I give neg rep.

Being nice in the thread doesn't mean I didn't neg rep. :gabe:

The object is not to be hard on newbs. When a guy joins, we all know hes not going to read the stickies first. Its like that on every forum and ours is a bit unique as we actually insist on certain requirements, pics, full intro ect.... So when a guy joins we try to point him in the right direction by pointing out the stickie. The oven has evolved into hazing any potential members instead of trying to feel them out to see if they are decent guys. Instead of getting guys who who are actually into cars, we get stuck with whoever will stick around through the bullshit long enough to turn into a troll. Any real car guy that happens to join and then gets shit on because he failed to notice the stickie probably doesnt feel this is the forum for him.. Keep in mind most guys make their intro post and dont immediately wait to see the responses, he comes back alittle while later. If you were a guy looking to find similar minded guys and and were actually over the age of 25, how would you take coming back to see guys calling you names, calling your rides shit so on and so on. You probably wouldnt want to stick around. So now we are stuck with trolls, declining members to sign up for events, and overall less site participation when we could be building the site with reputable guys if we just give them 1/2 a chance. We should be weeding out the tools, not the good guys. Somehow these guys have been getting on the site with little to know intro. The rep system was designed to help decide who gets in but I dont think its working. You guys neg rep before a guy even makes his second post, so instead of ever seeing how the guy reacts or behaves hes in the red. I dont rep until a guy makes at least 5 posts.

Welcome new guy.

Lets see which type of guy you are.

The object is not to be hard on newbs. When a guy joins, we all know hes not going to read the stickies first. Its like that on every forum and ours is a bit unique as we actually insist on certain requirements, pics, full intro ect.... So when a guy joins we try to point him in the right direction by pointing out the stickie. The oven has evolved into hazing any potential members instead of trying to feel them out to see if they are decent guys. Instead of getting guys who who are actually into cars, we get stuck with whoever will stick around through the bullshit long enough to turn into a troll. Any real car guy that happens to join and then gets shit on because he failed to notice the stickie probably doesnt feel this is the forum for him.. Keep in mind most guys make their intro post and dont immediately wait to see the responses, he comes back alittle while later. If you were a guy looking to find similar minded guys and and were actually over the age of 25, how would you take coming back to see guys calling you names, calling your rides shit so on and so on. You probably wouldnt want to stick around. So now we are stuck with trolls, declining members to sign up for events, and overall less site participation when we could be building the site with reputable guys if we just give them 1/2 a chance. We should be weeding out the tools, not the good guys. Somehow these guys have been getting on the site with little to know intro. The rep system was designed to help decide who gets in but I dont think its working. You guys neg rep before a guy even makes his second post, so instead of ever seeing how the guy reacts or behaves hes in the red. I dont rep until a guy makes at least 5 posts.

Welcome new guy.

Lets see which type of guy you are.

Now see I agree with most of that, but when someone says his friends are on here, they should have already been told of how their intro should go. Most new members are joining because they got told about it, and yet there are very few intro threads that are worth a shit.

Hey new guy, this site isn't bad at all, just don't be an idiot. Hopefully you'll make me feel bad for the neg rep.

Now see I agree with most of that, but when someone says his friends are on here, they should have already been told of how their intro should go. Most new members are joining because they got told about it, and yet there are very few intro threads that are worth a shit.

Hey new guy, this site isn't bad at all, just don't be an idiot. Hopefully you'll make me feel bad for the neg rep.

Often when I refer to someone on the site its easier to call them a friend, even though I really dont know that person. Its easier than trying to explain to someone "this random guy on this online automotive car forum" blah blah blah. These guys always say "my friends told me about the site and are on here" yet we rarely see someone posting" oh hai guys this is my friend, I told him about the site". If these guys friends were on here I would hope they would at least come in and acknowledge his presence.

There was talk awhile back of only allowing certain members to post in the oven, guys like Doc who are willing to give newbs a fair shake and make a judgement call.

Not not into the whole ass licking thing. I plan on doing some simple upgrades on the Mustang as long as my warranty allows it. Things like exhaust, intake, rims, etc... I am trying to get some pics up know if I can figure out how to do it. Lame I know...

Not not into the whole ass licking thing. I plan on doing some simple upgrades on the Mustang as long as my warranty allows it. Things like exhaust, intake, rims, etc... I am trying to get some pics up know if I can figure out how to do it. Lame I know...

Who is your warrenty through. Because most having those itms will void it. Cause and Effect.