Getting spray paint off a car

Fubar231

What would be the best way to get spray paint off a car? Somebody tagged a family car and i was trying to think of how to get it off.

Paint thinner + rag?

Any suggestions would be great.

EDIT: Photos added

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/SevereSarz/2011-09-16_16-54-32_869.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/SevereSarz/2011-09-16_16-53-33_398.jpg

Edited by Fubar231

I used a clay bar for the first time the other day and I was really surprised at how easily it took off all the dirt, debris, and yellow line marking paint from the road. Maybe get the $5 kit from advance(if they still have it) and give it a shot. I would think any thinner/reducer would do damage to the finish.

From another site

The Basic - Water and Soap: Though this may seem as a very obvious method of removing spray paint, it does work. All you need for this spray paint removal method is a bucket of hot water and a mild detergent. Simply scrub the paint with the help of a cloth. This solution will definitely help remove the spray paint, unless you allow the spray paint to dry up and then try to remove it! Just like any other stains, a spray paint stain also needs to be attended immediately. Read more on how to remove paint from car.

Nail Polish Remover: It might sound weird that the use of nail polish can help to remove spray paint from car. But it is true, most of the nail polish contain acetone in it, it is acetone which helps to remove the stubborn paint. Simply dip a soft cloth into the nail polish remover and lightly rub on the spray paint. Though this is a simple procedure, do it slowly as you might remove the original car paint too! Once the spray paint is removed, splash water on that spot and rub off with a dry cloth. One of the most important things to keep in mind is to keep the nail polish remover away from rubber ends of the car. Acetone can dissolve rubber in a minute, so be careful while using it. Read more on car wash.

Petrol: Petrol or gasoline can also be used for removing spray paint from car. The procedure is simple, dip a soft cloth in a petrol container and gently rub on the spray painted area. Be careful as the petrol can remove the original paint of the car also, so rub only the specific area with petrol. Wash the car with lukewarm water when done. You might need to add detergent to the lukewarm water to get rid of the petrol smell. Also wax the car as it will be easier to remove the paint, if it gets spray painted again. Read more on car waxing.

Rubbing Compound: Rubbing compound can also be used for removing spray paint from cars. If you are wondering as to where you can get a rubbing compound, you need not worry as it is available at any auto parts store. Just like all the previous methods, use a cloth to rub the rubbing compound on the spray paint. Apply evenly and then rub off vigorously, the spray paint will come off. Microfiber cloth is more useful for removing the spray paint, microfiber cloth is also available in auto part stores.

Notta clue. I guess its supposed to say "Waa!" cause thats what dude has tattoo'd on his arm. I dunno my sister gets into all sorts of shit.

I ended up getting 99% of it off with nail polish remover and water. Still a little bit stuck behind the rendevous badge but, thats not coming off unless i pull the badge.

Thanks again everyone.

and bring a shotgun over to the motherfucker's house as a good protectant against future sprayings.

We went to dudes house, but hes like 24-25 and still lives with his dad. Shit was getting a little escalated until my sis said thats enough so we took off.

Believe me, dude is definitely getting paid back. I dont give a fuck if i got it off the car or not, you don't fuck with family.

Also thanks again for everyone with the suggestions, this is why i like CR. There can be tons of BS going on but soon as you actually need help or something the community pulls together. Even if its just to help someone out by giving them info.

+1 for CR

and bring a shotgun over to the motherfucker's house as a good protectant against future sprayings.

why did it take 13 posts for the voice of reason to come out? first thought i had when i saw "how to get spray paint off car" i thought "shotgun to motherfuckers face"