With all this talk of divorce latley....

coltboostin

Im on my 2nd marriage. I knew the first one was a mistake before I did it. And I hate her fkin guts. My current wife and I have been together for 6 years and married for 3 1/2. I can honestly say that I am with my soul mate and I am glad that I did it a 2nd time.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dated my ex wife for 3 years and she somewhat lived with me. Then we were married for 3 years before we got divorced. I don't see myself marring in the future but never say never. My only advice is never try to change a person. It is a waste of time and energy. 90% of the time people never change.

I dated my ex wife for 3 years and she somewhat lived with me. Then we were married for 3 years before we got divorced. I don't see myself marring in the future but never say never. My only advice is never try to change a person. It is a waste of time and energy. 90% of the time people never change.

:lurk:

I believe that your marriage has a lot to do with how you areraised and what you see in your parents marriage or lack there of. The way your parents treat there spouse is a big thing too, generally I think that most people want a partner that will treat them the way that there parents treated each other. Whether they mean to pick someone like that or not is negotiable. For instance, Sean's mother and I are VERY a like in opinions and believes. It really has a lot to do on your take on 'Love' and whether you have been super hurt in the past.

^^^^^can we have a bet going on her marriage???

Just joking.

With the believe of "siblings are like your body parts and husband and wife are like clothings". Yes, I would remarry to the right person. But I do like old clothes though.

Long time ago a wise man told me this "you marry the one that loves you, not the one you love".

been married over 8 years. we hardly ever argue, my best friend. I am blessed as we were married with the blessing of Jesus Christ and he is the center of our relationship. Without having good morals and respect for one another realtionships won't work out.
  • Upvote 1

I believe that your marriage has a lot to do with how you areraised and what you see in your parents marriage or lack there of. The way your parents treat there spouse is a big thing too, generally I think that most people want a partner that will treat them the way that there parents treated each other. Whether they mean to pick someone like that or not is negotiable. For instance, Sean's mother and I are VERY a like in opinions and believes. It really has a lot to do on your take on 'Love' and whether you have been super hurt in the past.

I think this is very true as well. My ex-father-in-law and I were pretty identical kind of guys. My parents were together and had a great marriage my whole life and that's normally how I see things.

Sounds weird, but recently I noticed that my "type" of girl that I chase is very similar to what my mother was. Sounds weird, but my friend who has a degree in psychology said it's pretty normal.

I don't know how anybody could ever marry me.. I just watched my girlfriend do my laundry all day, vacuum my entire place, do my dishes, clean my bathroom, make my bed, and cook dinner all while I sat on the computer drinking. My place is spotless.. and I'm still on the computer lol

been married over 8 years. we hardly ever argue, my best friend. I am blessed as we were married with the blessing of Jesus Christ and he is the center of our relationship. Without having good morals and respect for one another realtionships won't work out.

This ^^^^^ Is how we were raised, and how we will marry.

i know its against a lot of peoples beliefs or religion but i would recommend living with your significant other for at least 6m-1yr. that way there arent any surprises. i bet that will decrease the divorce rate by a lot

In for statistics proving that please.

I would marry my wife again, and again, and again. Not a day goes by where I regret marrying her, even when it's tough. And no, we did not live together before we were married.

I would marry my wife again, and again, and again. Not a day goes by where I regret marrying her, even when it's tough. And no, we did not live together before we were married.

But you may have been even better off if you lived with her before getting married. YOULL NEVER KNOW NOW.

I was married once. We were together for almost two years before we got married and had lived together for a year. After a year of marriage, she walked out and had her family move her stuff out the next day. I received an anonymous phone call a couple months later that she had been seeing someone. Nice, huh? We did a dissolution, and I got to keep my stuff. :)

I kept saying I was not going to get married again. I was positive I would not fall into that trap again. However, I have met someone that makes me extremely happy, we get along great, never argue and we are getting married next spring. If this one doesn't work out, I am done for sure.

This is simply an exception to the rule. A uniquely, solitary example pulled from the endless list of failed and unhappy marriages. ;)

I've known my wife for 20 years. Holy shit I feel old now. I was 15 when I met her at the time and she was 13 (lol). We dated all through high school. I was 17 when my son was born and she was 15 (holy shit again). After she graduated (her parents STILL fucking hated me.. ) We moved out and got an apartment for a year and a half with our son. Got married in '99. Still married.

There are rough times and there are good times. We'll probably be together forever. Just as long as either one of us doesn't cheat on each other. She's not the type that would and I'm too fucking ugly and fat to have any honey check me out. (I just don't care).

As someone said above, it's commitment. Just to get married to get married to tell your friends.. big fucking deal. The person you married SHOULD be your life partner. If you find someone better.. that's tough shit.. you don't need to fuck them.

My parents just had their 50th Anniversary.. 50 fucking years. That's a LONG time. I'm sure my wife and I will make it there (or if I don't die first).