New Personal Best 10-7

wagner

Here's some of the stuff from the NHRA quick reference that it takes to run between 10.99 and 10.00:

- Aftermarket rear axles

- Bellhousing (SFI 6.1/6.2)

- Driver restraint system (SFI 16.1)

- Driveshaft loop

- Flywheel/clutch (SFI 1.1/1.2)

- Harmonic balancer (SFI 18.1)

- Helmet (of course)

- Padding roll bar

- Protective clothing

- Roll bar

- Transmission shield (SFI 4.1)

Interestingly enough, a lot of the items above (like the bombproof bell housing) are required at 11.49. The 'neck roll' though is not required until 9.99. Go figure.

@NRHA: Really? Stock Nissan GT-R times are ~11.2

http://www.nhra.com/competition/etquickref.aspx

Irony? There are 5 things on that list I did not see the guy from trails check on yesterday on cars he should have. You should have seen him trying to tech in that white Buick GN, he looked lost...

Couple of 11.4x got me asked to leave. No big deal as they were nice about it and told me after the first one that it would happen. I was about done anyway. Best for the day was:

11.43 @ 122.11

Better 60' times and I should be able to get an 11.1x out of it.

Edited by OMSRT8

First time i've ever put drag radials on a manual car, and with much help from Anthony and Scott (Thanks again!) on how to launch the car and how to do a proper burn out, I managed to pull a 12.76 out of my car. (Scott managed a 12.70) The car can do better but i'm not trying to break it yet. Without the drag radials it was running many 13.1x runs.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x123/wannarace928/C360_2011-10-0809-39-52.jpg