My car will do this one day!

CRAWDAD

I copied this from another forum. here is what dude said

Last weekend at NMRA in Bowling Green, my car made it's first 8 sec pass, 8.98 @ 155? (timeslip read 175, but doubt that).

This was the car's 1st time out with the new setup which includes built bottom end with 10.0:1 compression, stock heads, Lunati Cams, Powerglide, and Whipple 4.0 with 3.5" upper pulley and 15% overdrive lower. It's making 30 psi boost, which is apparently more than the Cometic MLS gaskets could handle, as it blew a head gasket at the end of the run. What's even more impressive is that this was the car's 1st full 1/4 mile pass. We made two passes the day before in which the car went 9.30s with the car shutting down at 3/4 track due to a couple of different issues.

I'm planning to o-ring the block and go back out and go deeper into the 8s.

same pass different angle

I was wondering what happened to the car. I didn't see all of the pass it blew on, but it was all over the place coming off the line when I did get to see it run.

White GT500 broke the gear in the rear on that same pass. They worked on it all day and had it back together for eliminations the next day. It ended up running 8.60s I think. I think it was a liquid cooled 3.6 Kenne car. There were some fast cars in the Terminator/GT500 class. Mine was one of the slower cars at 11.0x's.