Parking Pad Code Violation - Internet Lawyers Needed

ForeverMaker

What you need to do is invite all the black folks you know and their friends and have a weekly party. Keep the noise low but noticeable and set up a party spot right on the property line you share with them.

I bet you can get them to retire to Florida in no time.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you need to do is invite all the black folks you know and their friends and have a weekly party. Keep the noise low but noticeable and set up a party spot right on the property line you share with them.

What if his neighbors are black?

Boom, backfire

Boom, backfire

What you need to do is invite all the white folks you know and their friends and have a weekly hillbilly party. Keep the noise low but noticeable and set up a party spot right on the property line you share with them.

fixed. :)

Boom, backfire

I didnt think they had old black folk in Gahannah. Whoda thunk

What you need to do is invite all the white folks you know and their friends and have a weekly hillbilly party. Keep the noise low but noticeable and set up a party spot right on the property line you share with them.

fixed. :)

might as well just make it a block party then.

One thing you can do is drive around and take note of anyone else that is like this, then walk into the meeting and say "I have a complaint". Hint around about how you will spend the rest of your years doing this. They should probably get more chairs for the meeting room, you hope the meetings don't go super late as there will be hundreds of these people..... Use the laziness of the group to your favor.

One thing you can do is drive around and take note of anyone else that is like this, then walk into the meeting and say "I have a complaint". Hint around about how you will spend the rest of your years doing this. They should probably get more chairs for the meeting room, you hope the meetings don't go super late as there will be hundreds of these people..... Use the laziness of the group to your favor.

Solid idea. The "selective enforcement" argument has worked for me with other issues in the past.

Apparently not suppose to have an extra pad next to the driveway.

Pain it a green camouflage? Cover it in a nice astroturf? Tell people it's weird grass or that the old owners used a chemical and you can't grow grass there anymore. lol

I like this. :masturboy:

I'd think you could fight that type of violation, considering its been their since 2003 and through multiple home sales which means multiple inspections.

Yea why does EVERYone agree with that, except the city? :yuno:

Have you went over and discussed the issue with them?

With the neighbors? It really isn't an issue with them at this point, they just reported it. Now the city has taken action.

Pain it a green camouflage? Cover it in a nice astroturf? Tell people it's weird grass or that the old owners used a chemical and you can't grow grass there anymore. lol

Genius, actually. We might have an avenue to pursue, haha.

I think what he is asking is what crawled up your neighbors ass that pushed them to call you in after all this time on a lame pad violation.

I wish I could say. I took an honest look at ourselves and can't think of anything. We are extremely quiet and have been on great terms with them (even exchanging gifts with our daughter).

They have been there since 2002 and the city is saying the pad went in during 2003. HOW does the city know WHEN it went in if they have no record of it? hmmm...

I think everyone agrees with "its been there, so leave it" because its what even the city would normally do. I do know that I heard on the radio that the local cities would be actively looking for violations for revenue.

I wish I could say. I took an honest look at ourselves and can't think of anything. We are extremely quiet and have been on great terms with them (even exchanging gifts with our daughter).

They have been there since 2002 and the city is saying the pad went in during 2003. HOW does the city know WHEN it went in if they have no record of it? hmmm...

Check the Clerk of Courts records and see if the "drawing" of your house has it there?

ida know.. thats a tricky situation

• 3 months later...

CONCLUSION

I know you all were on the edge of your seats.

City allowed me to keep a 20' total driveway width including part of the pad.

So I had to remove 3' of it. There is a remaining 3' over the property line into the neighbors yard.

I left the 3' x 20ish' in their yard as it was not my responsibility. :lolguy::lolguy::lolguy:

TL;DR: grumpy old neighbors called the city about parking pad that was on my property. Had been there for 10 years with no problems put in by a previous owner. I removed my part and screwed them leaving their part to deal with.

A big F U to them.

+1 to Sam for coming out and removing it for me. I would recommend him for any concrete work.

Woah hold up. you never mentioned this was on part of their property. Did you not know that?

That was never in the violation order from the city. But looking at the city drawings it was indeed over.

However, that worked in my favor! It gave them a little present to deal with. :gabe:

It was confirmed by the city the part on their property was NOT my responsibility.

You should now call the city and file a complaint about the part that is left.

This.

A buddy of mine lives in Ashley and his neighbor has an old 30' rundown RV partly on his property. All the tires are flat, blown engine and no valid registration. Well the city of Ashley told him that they consider it an immovable object and he can just remove the portion that is on his property :gabe:

If you do need it taken out and one of the guys on here cant get it done, let me know and I will see if my old work(concrete saw company) can get you a deal.

I'm back doin this stuff for accurate concrete again. I can do it on the side, no biggy. (If needed).

Sounds like you've got some neighbors that need to worry about other things. Like why dogs love sticking their heads out of windows but hate it when people blow at them.

You should now call the city and file a complaint about the part that is left.

I really want to do that... but the city has been pretty nice and worked with me on this. So I will hold off for now.

Pics for the lolz?

So, there is a 3'X20' patch of concrete, then dirt, then your driveway?

I will post a pic tomorrow lol. Yea there is my driveway with a small concrete extension. Total width is enough for 3 cars wide. Then a strip Sam removed, then 3' on their property. :lolguy:

This.

A buddy of mine lives in Ashley and his neighbor has an old 30' rundown RV partly on his property. All the tires are flat, blown engine and no valid registration. Well the city of Ashley told him that they consider it an immovable object and he can just remove the portion that is on his property :gabe:

I would love that.. Hello Sawzall!!!!:lolguy::lolguy::lolguy: