Parking Pad Code Violation - Internet Lawyers Needed

ForeverMaker

I really want to do that... but the city has been pretty nice and worked with me on this. So I will hold off for now.

I will post a pic tomorrow lol. Yea there is my driveway with a small concrete extension. Total width is enough for 3 cars wide. Then a strip Sam removed, then 3' on their property. :lolguy:

The city was perfectly happy to deal with your neighbor's complaint. If they can be pleasant with you, they will surely be happy to be pleasant with him. Hell, if I were them I'd probably be laughing on my way to your neighbors door to give them notice of your complaint.

Or, alternately, look to see if there's code preventing something really bizarre...like making a fence on your property line of plastic lawn chairs. Paint rage faces. Enjoy the rage that ensues.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This.

A buddy of mine lives in Ashley and his neighbor has an old 30' rundown RV partly on his property. All the tires are flat, blown engine and no valid registration. Well the city of Ashley told him that they consider it an immovable object and he can just remove the portion that is on his property :gabe:

Video of said removal will be mandatory.

Creativity for returning of said removed portion to neighbor will be graded.

Video of said removal will be mandatory.

Creativity for returning of said removed portion to neighbor will be graded.

He is a project manager for a company that designs and builds heavy duty electonic equipment trailers (think like the ESPN control room trailers). He was thinking about getting a crane from work and using multiple chainsaws and sawzalls. Problem is the people have like 4 grown unemployed sons who are Timothy McVey types who live there....

CONCLUSION

I know you all were on the edge of your seats.

City allowed me to keep a 20' total driveway width including part of the pad.

So I had to remove 3' of it. There is a remaining 3' over the property line into the neighbors yard.

I left the 3' x 20ish' in their yard as it was not my responsibility. :lolguy::lolguy::lolguy:

TL;DR: grumpy old neighbors called the city about parking pad that was on my property. Had been there for 10 years with no problems put in by a previous owner. I removed my part and screwed them leaving their part to deal with.

A big F U to them.

+1 to Sam for coming out and removing it for me. I would recommend him for any concrete work.

Got it all done Bauce. Your driveway is now no longer in the neighbors yard. I went back over there and tried to ask them again if they wanted it removed since I was already there, no dice. So next step is to have Jones topsoil put you some down and fill in the void. As of right now they do not have any top soil made due to the season. Again thanks for allowing me to do the work. Once I get some other paper work done I will email you a invoice. Oh and in case I forgot, I heart your car in your garage. :)

I went back over there and tried to ask them again if they wanted it removed since I was already there, no dice.

That is amazing.

OP, get with Sam to figure out how much roughly it costs for a 3'x20' section of concrete and bill your neighbor for it, since you kinda paid for it (when you bought the house). Tell him he can either buy it from you or you'll let the city know you're not pleased at the unsightly slab of concrete in his yard.

That is amazing.

OP, get with Sam to figure out how much roughly it costs for a 3'x20' section of concrete and bill your neighbor for it, since you kinda paid for it (when you bought the house). Tell him he can either buy it from you or you'll let the city know you're not pleased at the unsightly slab of concrete in his yard.

I like this mans idea.

However, if it were me I would have just removed the entire thing and been done with it.

Trololololol...

Fill with dirt, spread mulch, add some shrubs and it will look fine from my side.

pad1.jpg

oh that is perfect for some 6' tall shrubs. from his side it'll just be a slab of concrete in front of some shrubs in no way connected to his property

• Confused 1