Mw3 midnight release?

SRTurbo04

Waited outside for 30 minutes, waited in line at the registers for 45...youd think theyd have every register open (or more than 4) and the cashiers idiot-proofed for this...one guy was at the register for 10 min. Fuck best buy...wont do that again. Ill order it and have it shipped here and get it the next AM

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Showed up at 12:00 on the nose and gamestop had me out the door 15 minutes later. Even with 500 preorders at that location. Played the first campaign mission looks great, and feels solid. love that they finally included the 'hybrid' optics setup.

EDIT: if anyone got the hardened edition/elite are you having any troubles with it?

Picked it up at midnight, just beat the campaign. Picks up immediately where MW2 left off, and the ending is pretty satisfying and final. I'm guessing that's it for Task Force 141. The new MW3/IW4.0 engine makes some magic happen. I think a lot of the levels might be bigger than BF3 maps.

This restored my faith in (what Activision calls) "Rebuilt" Infinity Ward, and Sledgehammer is going to be a good team. Treyarch can't hold a candle to these guys.

Picked it up at midnight, just beat the campaign. Picks up immediately where MW2 left off, and the ending is pretty satisfying and final. I'm guessing that's it for Task Force 141. The new MW3/IW4.0 engine makes some magic happen. I think a lot of the levels might be bigger than BF3 maps.

This restored my faith in (what Activision calls) "Rebuilt" Infinity Ward, and Sledgehammer is going to be a good team. Treyarch can't hold a candle to these guys.

You obviously haven't played battlefield... These maps are tiny. Hopefully the lag gets a bit more evened out. Can't count how many times on the kill came I was just standing there when i had been sprinting from one cover to the next, or just poped out real fast.

Game looks solid, and when lag isn't an issue plays great. Sure the lag will get better it always does. BF3 had the same issues, and two weeks later I see next to no noticable lag in it anymore.

Maps are to small, not sure why they even included sniper rifles in this game at this rate.

You obviously haven't played battlefield... These maps are tiny. Hopefully the lag gets a bit more evened out. Can't count how many times on the kill came I was just standing there when i had been sprinting from one cover to the next, or just poped out real fast.

Game looks solid, and when lag isn't an issue plays great. Sure the lag will get better it always does. BF3 had the same issues, and two weeks later I see next to no noticable lag in it anymore.

Maps are to small, not sure why they even included sniper rifles in this game at this rate.

You obviously didn't even read what I posted. I very clearly said this is the campaign only. Not only have I played Battlefield 3, I own it for PC to get the most out of it. There is no lag ever in campaign, its always at a constant 60 fps, another perk of the MW3 engine. They really optimized the texture streaming in this version of the engine. Unlike Treyarch, who took the old CoD4 engine, and penciled in texture streaming at the last minute, and it didn't even work about 90% of the time.

Edited by Rally Pat

Being the great Dad I am I had my son go to bed at 8 so I could wake him up when I got the game. It took Best Buy 10 minutes to get me out the door with a line of 20 people in front of me.

Of those 20 people one guy tried to rape my wife and the other threatened to shoot me. Fun night!!!!

Pre-ordered through Amazon. Email comfirmation that it shipped this morning, also had an online link for $25 discount to XBOX live= Win.

The $25 off 12 months of Live was a nice bonus. Did that this morning and am now paid through February 2014...lol.

Being the great Dad I am I had my son go to bed at 8 so I could wake him up when I got the game. It took Best Buy 10 minutes to get me out the door with a line of 20 people in front of me.

Of those 20 people one guy tried to rape my wife and the other threatened to shoot me. Fun night!!!!

:gabe:

Yeah best buy had there shit together, even though some dick head lied about the store staying open to play spec ops uintil midnight :mad:

Wrong.

I will have both, and will like both for very different reasons. Comparing the two is stupid. Fanboyism is killing the gaming industry.

Dude...I pay the same 60 bucks for the game and the same 50 per year. Who cares what fanboys want to do.

So this "GREAT" game can be beaten in less than a night? what the fuck.

So this "GREAT" game can be beaten in less than a night? what the fuck.

Yeah, kinda weak if you ask me.

I did notice that even BF3's campaign was kind of short, but I don't really mind. Games are all about multiplayer these days, but the campaign should at least keep you busy for a couple of days.

I'll be picking mine up during lunch, no waiting :fuckyeah: