Official College Basketball 2011-12 Thread

TimTaylor751647545500

Just retarded shit at the end... down 2 with 2 minutes to go and OSU just starts chucking up 3's. 1) YOU'RE NOT A GOOD 3-POINT SHOOTING TEAM AND 2) YOU'RE ONLY DOWN 2.

I don't expect much out of this team in the tourney.

Have some faith!! I am praying that the team that destroyed Duke by 20+ shows up throughout the tourney. This needs needs another Diebler.... bad. We been spoiled in the past couple of years.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just retarded shit at the end... down 2 with 2 minutes to go and OSU just starts chucking up 3's. 1) YOU'RE NOT A GOOD 3-POINT SHOOTING TEAM AND 2) YOU'RE ONLY DOWN 2.

I don't expect much out of this team in the tourney.

You could tell both teams were exhausted. They were just throwing up junk at the end hoping it would stick. They had absolutely no legs under them. The atrocious FT% by both teams is a very strong indicator of that.

OSU shot right around their average for the season from the FT line. They're just a bad FT shooting team. Another huge problem heading into the tourney where you typically have close games from the 2nd game on.

And the selection committee was trolling hard when they put Michigan against Ohio. Their fans won't have a clue what's going on.

I agree that OSU got favorable matchups. I think the hardest team outside of Syracuse they could potentially face will be Florida State. They are on a high right now and playing very well. How awesome would it be if the finals was Michigan St vs Ohio St

Someone should make a pick em group on yahoo so we can all join

Lost to Notre Dame and barely beat Cincy without him.

My hopes are that KY goes down early.

Cincy has more of a presence inside as far as size. That makes a difference there. Syracuse isn't as good without him, but are still solid. I highly doubt that they go to the Final Four, but I'm not an expert.

Its not size that had Cincy win... It was our 4 guard scoring, that makes other teams have to keep up with (assuming we are hitting them that night - if not, we lose) The 4 guard play completely breaks down their 2-3 defense that they do so well. THAT is why we match up well against 'cuse, and nearly beat them the first time... we would have one that first one had we not fell apart at the end.

Lost to Notre Dame and barely beat Cincy without him.

My hopes are that KY goes down early.

They lost to cincy WITH him...

Its not size that had Cincy win... It was our 4 guard scoring, that makes other teams have to keep up with (assuming we are hitting them that night - if not, we lose) The 4 guard play completely breaks down their 2-3 defense that they do so well. THAT is why we match up well against 'cuse, and nearly beat them the first time... we would have one that first one had we not fell apart at the end.

They lost to cincy WITH him...

I was just saying that they will have nothing to worry about in the middle with the Big East Defensive player of the year being out. They have more than just size inside over Syracuse :) I just hope that OSU doesn't have to play Cincy. Really bad matchup for OSU.

That damn Deshaun Thomas was missing all of his shots again..........

I honestly think if Matta ran more plays to get Thomas isolated, he would be a 20+ ppg/season player.

All the dude does is score and get rebounds

I honestly think if Matta ran more plays to get Thomas isolated, he would be a 20+ ppg/season player.

All the dude does is score and get rebounds

The announcers were talking during the Big Ten tourney saying that in the past 7 or 8 games he was scoring 20 a game. He is an animal. Always in good position for the follow up shot and is getting good shots almost every time he shoots. Much improved from last year.

Cincy looked good for most of the game. They let Texas sneak back in and then decided to impose their will for the final couple of minutes. I would really like to see a FSU vs Cincy matchup. Should happen.