Audi Group B Monster

Nickey4271647545519

A replica, but still badass. People always comment on how powerful the Group B monsters were, but many fail to realize that suspension technology was nowhere near what it is today. It's one thing to have that much power on forest roads with today's coilovers and CAD-designed suspensions. It's quite another to do it on 80's tech shocks and a suspension designed with a slide rule and seat-of-the-pants engineering.

I don't know how they stayed on the road.

A replica, but still badass. People always comment on how powerful the Group B monsters were, but many fail to realize that suspension technology was nowhere near what it is today. It's one thing to have that much power on forest roads with today's coilovers and CAD-designed suspensions. It's quite another to do it on 80's tech shocks and a suspension designed with a slide rule and seat-of-the-pants engineering.

I don't know how they stayed on the road.

Yup, my thoughts exactly, and also why it met it's demise.

You lose a bit of respect for the Ken Block hipsters of today when you look at the old footage. They wouldn't make it past the first stage alive back then.

Yup, my thoughts exactly, and also why it met it's demise.

You lose a bit of respect for the Ken Block hipsters of today when you look at the old footage. They wouldn't make it past the first stage alive back then.

Truth. The cars we have today are as fast as the old group B cars despite less power, but they are less exciting to watch as they aren't fighting with suspensions designed in a shed. Although, I would rather have the slow looking safe cars that keep drivers alive, than the old cars.