The last time drag racing was cool

greg1647545532

If you dig old-school drag cars you gotta hit the Don Garlits museum down in Florida. It is small and not worth a special trip...but it is right on the highway just south of Ocala so if your travels take you past there...stop. It has one building full of his old swamp rat cars as well as examples of some of his competitors' rides, trophies, racing suits and custom parts. There is a second building dedicated to his private collection of cars, trucks and automotive collectibles. If you dig vintage pinstriping and hand-painted race car lettering and graphics it is heaven. I'm working on a design idea for my other tat sleave and I may integrate some stuff I photographed while I was down there the last time. My tattoo artist is primarily an old-school fan and this is right up her alley.

If you dig old-school drag cars you gotta hit the Don Garlits museum down in Florida. It is small and not worth a special trip...but it is right on the highway just south of Ocala so if your travels take you past there...stop. It has one building full of his old swamp rat cars as well as examples of some of his competitors' rides, trophies, racing suits and custom parts. There is a second building dedicated to his private collection of cars, trucks and automotive collectibles. If you dig vintage pinstriping and hand-painted race car lettering and graphics it is heaven. I'm working on a design idea for my other tat sleave and I may integrate some stuff I photographed while I was down there the last time. My tattoo artist is primarily an old-school fan and this is right up her alley.

Yes!!! I could spend forever in that museum.

Went as a kid the same weekend the 300mph record was set. It is really a neat place and has all kinds of cool stuff. Garlits is a trip to talk with, very smart guy and knew how to cheat with the best of them.