Dodge bringing back the Dart, umm why?

DaddyBuiltRacing

No, they buy a new, modern one that does everything better.

You mean you would buy a modern one.

My next fun car is going to be a 4 speed 1969 Camaro. It'll be loud, scary, turn on a mountain of dimes, and probably kill me if I get in any kind of an accident.. but it'll have character.

Beauty in simplicity.

You mean you would buy a modern one.

My next fun car is going to be a 4 speed 1969 Camaro. It'll be loud, scary, turn on a mountain of dimes, and probably kill me if I get in any kind of an accident.. but it'll have character.

Beauty in simplicity.

No, I mean everyone buys a new computer, because it's better.

Everyone buys the latest TV, well, because it's better.

The list extends to virtually everything, yet people are overly sentimental when it comes old sheets of steel poorly formed into a car shape.

Newer computers are faster

Newer TV's are sharper

Newer cars aren't always faster or better looking..

Turn off ESP: check

Turn off DSC: check

Engage Launch mode: Check

Hold brake: check

Floor gas pedal: Check

Select drive-mode "Fun": Check

Pull both paddles backwards and count to 3.7: Check

Weeee!

If you rode in an original hemi dart you would crap in your superman underoos.

Acutally any hemi car for that matter would cause your angus to vomit. They are violent, loud, and scary just like a real mans car should be.

The majority of original darts had slant sixes. Only a handful came from the factory with a hemi, most were swaps

LOL

They are crude, loud and suck ass actually.

It's funny how sentimental people are when it comes to old crappy cars.

How about you fly around in an old rickety plane next time you need to get somewhere? :dumb:

Jones I like you but you really don't get it at all. Comparing classic cars to planes is :dumb:

The majority of original darts had slant sixes. Only a handful came from the factory with a hemi, most were swaps

You are 100% correct, I was just pointing out the fact Jones does not get it.

No, has nothing to do with Audi, or my car in general.

I just have no problem with them re-badging the DART and slapping it on a little alfa chassis. Cars back then were so crude it was ridiculous. Most of them did everything horribly, some did the 1/4 mile thing pretty well, but you nearly died if you needed to use the brakes or turned.

I guess I don't get the obsession. We don't cling to the old and shitty in any other facet of our lives. People don't use an 80's IBM PC becuase "man it was 50 lbs of sheet metal and loud". No, they buy a new, modern one that does everything better.

Go ahead and make another ridiculous statement...

To be fair, there are quite a few people who collect still working, old ass pc's and the like. This can be said of almost any product. Just because Jones doesn't get it or like it, doesn't mean it's not relevant. ;)

Jones does not get a lot of things, mostly involving emotions of any kind

He's a machine. No emotion, no passion. Just a functioning computer chip.

Just like his car! ;)

No, has nothing to do with Audi, or my car in general.

I just have no problem with them re-badging the DART and slapping it on a little alfa chassis. Cars back then were so crude it was ridiculous. Most of them did everything horribly, some did the 1/4 mile thing pretty well, but you nearly died if you needed to use the brakes or turned.

I guess I don't get the obsession. We don't cling to the old and shitty in any other facet of our lives. People don't use an 80's IBM PC becuase "man it was 50 lbs of sheet metal and loud". No, they buy a new, modern one that does everything better.

Go ahead and make another ridiculous statement...

I still use my commodore 64 and 128 they still fucking work. Loving my 300baud modem, Warp Speed cartridge, dot matrix printer, and dual floppy disk drives. I will make the biggest fucking banner ever with my printer and it will say "Jones sucks cocks for wooden nickles". It will take 30 minutes to print out but so worth it.

The car sucks. I guess I understand why they called it a dart tho. In 70 when the new body style came out, it was supposed to be a sporty, fun to drive car depending on how it was optioned. Just so happens, back then sporty was a v8 rwd and 4 speed. Now sporty is something much different, like this car.

The car sucks. I guess I understand why they called it a dart tho. In 70 when the new body style came out, it was supposed to be a sporty, fun to drive car depending on how it was optioned. Just so happens, back then sporty was a v8 rwd and 4 speed. Now sporty is something much different, like this car.

who knows give them a year and they could offer it with a srt4 package.

Turn off ESP: check

Turn off DSC: check

Engage Launch mode: Check

Hold brake: check

Floor gas pedal: Check

Select drive-mode "Fun": Check

Pull both paddles backwards and count to 3.7: Check

Weeee!

The beauty of older cars is that you have to about half of those things.

Turn on car: check

Floor gas pedal: check

WHEEEEE