Talk to me about the Audi S5 Coupe

Dr. Pomade

I'm seriously considering the purchase of one. I'm looking at 2009-2011 models. Tell me what you know about these things:

- Are there any significant differences between the '09, '10, or '11 models?

- What's the maintenance outlook on them longterm?

- Would it make a good daily driver?

Thanks in advance.

Also, let me know if you find any in white. (I think MAG has one in white, though I haven't been by to check it out.)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're fucking sexual.

I'm just going off the top of my head, Jones will correct me if I'm wrong, but the 2012's will get the supercharged v6 from the S4. The others still have the V8, but the 2011 convertibles have the supercharged v6 already.

The V8 has been proven to be reliable, but I think those are direct injection, so valves will need cleaned after a while.

EDIT: 2013 gets the V6.

2011 Got the facelift

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/63/Audi_A5_Coup%C3%A9_%28Facelift%29_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht%2C_29._Oktober_2011%2C_Mettmann.jpg/774px-Audi_A5_Coup%C3%A9_%28Facelift%29_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht%2C_29._Oktober_2011%2C_Mettmann.jpg

2010 Got LED tail lights

The V8 has been proven to be reliable, but I think those are direct injection, so valves will need cleaned after a while.

Will that be covered under the regular maintenance plan that usually come with them, or is this something that usually needs done after the car is out of warranty (or both)?

The redesign isn't until 2013 fyi, where it will get the 3.0t.

4.2 is a good engine but suffers from carbon build up and needs cleaned often. It is not part of any warranty or maint plan.

Cabs get the 3.0t though.

Buy new as their used prices are ridiculously high!

The redesign isn't until 2013 fyi, where it will get the 3.0t.

4.2 is a good engine but suffers from carbon build up and needs cleaned often. It is not part of any warranty or maint plan.

Cabs get the 3.0t though.

Buy new as their used prices are ridiculously high!

How many problems can I reliably expect this car give me if I keep it, say, 5 to 7 years?

Also, there's a white 2009 S5 Coupe with 30K miles at MAG for $49k. They don't say specifically where I can see, but I think it has the Prestige package. Yay or nay?

How many problems can I reliably expect this car give me if I keep it, say, 5 to 7 years?

Also, there's a white 2009 S5 Coupe with 30K miles at MAG for $49k. They don't say specifically where I can see, but I think it has the Prestige package. Yay or nay?

With any car, there will be random stuff go wrong. As far as large stuff, I don't know of any major issues besides the carbon build up.

It will eat up brakes, tires and gas. Heavy awd car with a v8.

That car new, in 09 was probably high 50s, and is now 3 years old. Do the math. High resale, high used price however you look at it.

Gas isn't that bad, 17MPG combined is what it's rated at. Tires + Brakes are going to vary based on how you drive.

The carbon build up is enough to turn you off. I wonder if it's really THAT big of a deal, or just another case of the internet blowing shit out of proportion.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/12/2009/12/audi-vs-bmw.jpg

Haha, exactly what I don't want.

I haven't really had much of a problem with the Benz (which is RWD) in the winters, but still it can be avoided much more readily just by having AWD.

Audi owners are the sexiest

...the survey revealed that Audi owners are noted as the sexiest both for males (31% of women rated Audi owners sexiest) and females (21% of men rated female Audi owners sexiest). Second most for sexy men drivers are BMW owners with 25% and second most sexy women drivers are MINI owners with 14%.

http://forums.fourtitude.com/entry.php?600-Audi-Owners-Sexiest-Says-Confused.com-Survey

EDIT:

This calls for a sexy party

http://tengushee.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/sexy_party_stewie.jpg