"Light 4 Wheeling" around Columbus

Bahnstoermer1647545488

23 has been blocked off for over a year. Last time I went the cops were waiting on a tow truck to tow my truck and trailer. They gave me a warning. I haven't went back. 23 was so fun to go wheeling too. If I owned that property I would charge people and make them sign papers saying the owner isn't liable.

There are a couple small places. Out behind the haunted hootchi is a lot of acres to go wheeling. Off Taylor and broad. Off yearling by the air port and rail road tracks.

Anymore I just keep it legal and take my quad to perry county.

My buddy has a 97 4 runner on 44's that he takes out. But not many places to take such a big truck anymore.

Damn, that sucks on 23. Looking for playing around in the Montero / 4Runner, nothing wild.. just a quickie here and there to satisfy the winter blues LOL. Would a truck fit at the second spot you're talking about?

Yes a truck would fit at Taylor and broad. Or by the air port off yearling and 5th. Right off 270

23 u can just go over the curb behind lows and back in that way. if your driving it in.

wouldent trailer anything

ive been back there a many of times. but ive heard stories of people going back there and getting trespassing tickets shit getting impounded ect ect. i personally havent had any trouble

Not much of an off road kinda guy but there's a place in Obetz behind the factory my dad used to run.

Search for "Central Aluminum Co, Columbus, Broehm Road, Obetz, OH" and scroll due west.

Always was able to see it when I worked there but couldn't tell what the terrain was like. It's right off of 270, west of Alum Creek.

I doubt many land owners know about it, but a law was passed some years ago that prevents victims from winning lawsuits against land owners while engaged in activities such as 4 wheeler riding, horse riding, etc.

You can thank Ohio 4x4 Trail riders and Ohio Multiuse Trails Association for pushing that one through.

I've been out of 4x4's for a bit. Busy with my daughters, but I am going to be back at it again as soon as I find a duece and a half that I want to buy. I'm looking for an M35A2C model (air force version) if anyone knows of any around.

I think the old slate quarry in Delaware is on the west side of Curve Road, just north of the intersection of Armstrong Road and Curve Road, isn't it Sean?

It sure is. I went there often in my Jeep and have gone for many years with friends. Never once have I had a run in with police. We go back there and have bonfires and hit the trails all through the night sometimes.