best non ipod mp3

AWW$HEEET

For some people working out involves not being inside in an expensive gym, sitting in one place staring at a wall or ceiling, touching other peoples herpes sweat. I'm usually not carrying my phone on me while biking, skiing or running. Maybe 1/10 times I will have my phone on me while biking or skiing, but that's only when I expect to use it and it's tucked away. But I also don't worry about listening to music when I'm working out either. It's usually my alone, sometimes meditative time.

I have a zune, always loved it. I think they are all discontinued though

+1

Zunes are the shit. Eventually I got an ipod touch and started using that simply because the touch screen was a better/faster interface, but the old school Zune I have still works like a charm after all these years

I use a 8GB Sandisk Sansa

This is exactly what I have. Cost me like $40 two plus years ago and has been great. All it does is play MP3's, but you don't need iCrapTunes to interface with it, just drag and drop your shit. Also has playlist capability and a radio tuner, if your gym has TV's set to radio stations. I've literally ran over mine with the lawn mower and it keeps going. When this one dies, I'll go find another. I really like the Sansa for the money... :nod:

I had a SanDisk MP3 for a couple years until I dropped it poolside. Then went and got an ipod. I kinda liked the SanDisk better, just seemed more durable and better for working out. I use an ipod touch now and find that thing good for car rides and the house but not for the gym.

+1

Zunes are the shit. Eventually I got an ipod touch and started using that simply because the touch screen was a better/faster interface, but the old school Zune I have still works like a charm after all these years

I <3 my zune. There is a touch screen wifi ready one too. I had two ipods and they both ended up with a lose connection in the headphone jack after a little over a yr. Good thing mp3 players is the only thing I buy extended warranties for. Then I got the Zune, I've had it now for 3 yrs with no problems. I almost want to by a new one just to have the touch screen and the wifi but it works great and I use the hell out of it.