New here, but not a noob.....

timmay77

His car is putting down 535 RWHP on a Dyno Dynamics Dyno and 625 RWHP on a DynoJet Dyno runnning 11.73 in the 1/4 mile.

625rwhp only getting 11.7's? Sounds like he needs to replace his driver gasket. You may also want to try removing yourself from his nuts to reduce unsprung weight.

625rwhp only getting 11.7's?

The car weighs around 4200 loaded with driver.

I am a domestic type of guy but BMW's are my favorite import and your's it hot. Welcome

Then you would love the E39 540 with the SC'd LS swap putting down 700+hp that comes to my car show.

Welcome, went to last years Timmayfest as did a few other members on here did.

Excellent. I hope everyone had a good time. We should be over 300 cars this year....

Sounds like he needs to replace his driver gasket. You may also want to try removing yourself from his nuts to reduce unsprung weight.

Agreed, that was only his 3rd time going down the track. Ever. I like being under his nuts though, nice and warm there. Thanks for your concern......

If it is a BMW, MB, or an exotic, sure. Bring it to the track the weekend of my event. You will have plenty of cars to play with.

It's just an Audi, I guess that doesn't fall into the cool enough club for you guys.

:no:

Perhaps you can go slumming and come out to a CR track day with your S/C M5 and play?

Maybe one of your butlers can come and clean the car in between runs ?

It's just an Audi, I guess that doesn't fall into the cool enough club for you guys.

:no:

Perhaps you can slumming and come out to a CR track day with your S/C M5 and play?

Absolutely. I will definitely join you guys.

The "cool club" as you put it, is just trying to keep the "boy ricers" from getting tangled up in our "adult" weekend. It is not meant to offend anyone. That weekend is not just about putting cars in a parking lot and standing around. We plan other events, lunches, and dinners that weekend. It is about the people who attend as well as the cars. I have made VERY close friends over the last 2 years from that meet. Most of the people attending are 35+ years old, and have over $100k wrapped up in their cars. Throwing a bunch of 18-22 yr old Honda, Acura, and VW owners in the mix ends up with a nasty bag of attitudes. I am NOT trying to offend anyone here. I have as much respect for those Honda and VW owners as I do the exotic owners, it is just 2 different worlds. I'm not trying to crash those worlds together. I will be attending both Import events at NTR this year. Last years event was a blast.....

• Downvote 1

Absolutely. I will definitely join you guys.

The "cool club" as you put it, is just trying to keep the "boy ricers" from getting tangled up in our "adult" weekend. It is not meant to offend anyone. That weekend is not just about putting cars in a parking lot and standing around. We plan other events, lunches, and dinners that weekend. It is about the people who attend as well as the cars. I have made VERY close friends over the last 2 years from that meet. Most of the people attending are 35+ years old, and have over $100k wrapped up in their cars. Throwing a bunch of 18-22 yr old Honda, Acura, and VW owners in the mix ends up with a nasty bag of attitudes. I have as much respect for those Honda and VW owners as I do the exotic owners, it is just 2 different worlds. I'm not trying to crash those worlds together. I will be attending both Import events at NTR this year. Last years event was a blast.....

Crashing worlds?

You are comparing my respectful 4 door sedans to the VW Ricers who run around throwing sparks out of their bagged rides because it's cool?

Just so we're clear (double checked to be clear).

Able to attend "Timmayfest":

18-22 Year old guys with: 318 / 325 / 328 with wheels & drop.

Unable to attend "Timmayfest":

30+ Year old with S4, S5, A6, S6 S8, Ect.

Yes, thank god we don't allow these hooligans in to ruin the show.

:dumb:

It's your show, and by all rights, make you can make up your own rules.

Wow..

NO AUDI's or VW's. Sorry....... Unless it is an extremely RARE Audi or VW........

Audi and VW's are a grey area. Either can be considered ricer depending on the styling.

Ha, no, there SHOULDN'T be any Audi's or VW's there.......

:dumb:

http://riceorama.com/images/2009/feb/BMW_CIV_0.jpg

Just so we're clear, I'm not hating on any manufacturer at all.

I like all cars, but am particularly fond of BMW, Audi, & MB.

Ehh

If that is how you want to interpret what I type, so be it......

I will give you my example......

A kid who worked for one of our sponsors asked me if he could bring his VW that he had been working on for a few years to the meet. He said it would fit in perfectly with the rest of the cars. I said sure, no problem. The kid shoes up with a mid 80's VW that had rust and parts hanging from it, and a half finished turbo kit with no exhaust at all on the car. He also brought 10 of his friend ricers with fart tubes and neon lights hanging from the under body. Drama followed. THAT is what I am trying to avoid.

Like I said, if you want to discuss this more, get a hold of me. I am obviously new here, I still have to learn who is who and what they drive........

Nice ninja edit BTW.....

Audi's and VW's ARE a grey area. See above story.