Expedient Columbus about to start looking again

mmrmnhrm

At least two positions opening shortly:

- http://www.expedient.com/company/noc-analyst.php

- http://www.expedient.com/company/osc-technician.php

No, I don't have numbers (these spots are in a different area from what I do), but I don't think you'll be getting super rich. One position that will be opening is primarily front desk/reception, receiving, and backup tape rotation. The other is more technical, but not sure whether the opening will be a "Windows Engineer", "UNIX Engineer", or "Jack of all trades Engineer".

• 4 weeks later...

Systems engineer position just went up. Again, I do not have pay scales...

Primary Responsibilities:  Field, review and resolve customer troubles as escalated  Produce and present documentation, training and standard operating procedures for both internal and customer use  Participate in engineering on-call, approximately 1 week per month

 Process and prioritize customer requests related to networking technologies including routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs, load balancers, etc. by phone, e-mail, or in person for service related assistance applying to a variety of technologies

 Utilize the trouble ticket system to log all requests and activities including documentation of special requests and customizations considered important for future support

 Monitor the operational support systems to proactively identify service impacting events relating to IT, network, and facility conditions

 Communicate with customers and internal staff at regular intervals to ensure expectations are set and that appropriate attention is being paid to customer requests

 Escalate problems to external vendors as required to achieve resolution

 Support customer solutions across all Expedient data centers as assigned by the management team

Minimum Qualifications:

 Associate degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience and industry technical certifications (CCNA, CCENT, JNCIA, JNCP, JNTCP, CCIE, etc)

 Previous experience working with customers to deliver support for networking technologies  Ability to prioritize and be productive in high-pressure situations, providing timely status updates to customers, the OSC, and/or project management  Strong troubleshooting skills including the ability to identify and resolve problems in "down" situations

 Flexibility to work certain shifts as discussed during the interview process

 Excellent written and verbal communication skills

 Strong analytical and independent problem solving skills

 Demonstrable level of competency with the following concepts:

o Principals of networking

o Firewalls and access control lists

o Dynamic routing protocols (EIGRP, BGP, etc)

o Load balancing persistence

o Virtualization fundamentals

o DNS

Submit your salary requirements, cover letter and resume to support.resumes@expedient.com.

• 2 weeks later...
If Expedient used staffing firms, it had to have been quite a while ago. Everyone here in Columbus (which opened Jan '11, happy birthday us!) is salary, as are all the folks I've had occasion to work with in our Cleveland and Pittsburgh data centers. I'm also not aware of anyone having been recruited through staffing firms. Sales VP found me on LinkedIn, a couple of folks were transferred in from other offices (Pitts mostly), and the rest a mix of offering better opportunity than competitors and posting stuff online.

• 4 months later...

Sales slot just opened up.

The Account Executive is responsible for prospecting, cold calling, cultivating partners, networking, and closing deals generated by these actions. We’re looking for a talented, driven hunter, and confident salesperson to help us grow our business. This full time, exempt position offers competitive base pay plus commissions and benefits, including a 401(k) plan, paid time off, health, dental and vision care plans, and life insurance. The position will report to the VP of Sales, and will be located in Upper Arlington, OH.

Primary Responsibilities:

Prospect local businesses and call on those accounts.

Cold calling

Prepare and deliver sales proposals and presentations to decision-makers.

Networking and partner development

Close new business

Skills and Knowledge Required:

Demonstrated record of successful business to business sales ability

High achiever; thrives in a competitive environment

Self-starter; ability to work independently in a fast pace environment

High level of integrity and work standards

High attention to detail and follow-through

Excellent verbal and written communication skills

Excellent organizational skills

• 1 month later...
Anything upcoming for a system admin?

Not to my knowledge. We (the worker bees) generally find out about something a few days before they're posted on the corp website since we have a referral bonus, but there is no "only insiders will ever know this exists" back door. Sometimes the managers will search via LinkedIn if they're looking for a specific niche to fill, so make sure you're visible there, too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
One of the "Tier 1" guys just resigned. http://careers.expedient.com/apply/QddXAc/Analyst.html is the same position (just posted at the Boston office). I *think* they're still looking for a night guy, too. We also a need someone at the front-desk, but you have to have at least some idea of IT to qualify (in other words, your domestic partner can't get a job just by being a broad and flashing their anatomy)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Bump... a couple of openings to share, and why they're open (if I know):

Graphic designer (CLE or CMH) - The previous guy took another position

Network engineer (BWI, BOS, CLE, CMH, IND, PGH) - The previous guy caused outages by not following procedure

Windows engineer (CMH, CLE, BWI, IND, PGH) - Growth

Systems engineer (BWI, CLE, CMH, PGH) - Still open from my 1/14 post

In general, even though multiple cities are listed, there is typically only one position open, since the group these openings come from works as a single entity across all our markets.

• 2 months later...

Bumps for...

Project manager - New position

IT Support tech - Previous guy left for greener pastures

Sales Engineer - We're trying to give the current guy a promotion, but can't until we have someone able to take his work load

This set is all Columbus-specific, and yes, I now get a bonus if you mention me :)