Track/HPDE Interest?

Irish M5

Do many on this forum track their cars? Looking to make some road trips to Watkins Glen, VIR, and Road America this season with such groups as BMWCCA, PCA, 1010ths, CHIN etc. and wanted to gauge interest as road trips are way more fun with a group.

Regards... Richard...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do many on this forum track their cars? Looking to make some road trips to Watkins Glen, VIR, and Road America this season with such groups as BMWCCA, PCA, 1010ths, CHIN etc. and wanted to gauge interest as road trips are way more fun with a group.

Regards... Richard...

Hey Richard.

I need to get my car on the track this upcoming year. I was planning running at Mid-O at least once.

As well, I wanted to volunteer for NASA a couple events so I can get a free track day.

I have fresh RS3s sitting in the garage...they need to get murdered.

Let me know when you're going and hopefully my funds are in place.

Guy's, I instruct for the Buckeye and Northern Ohio BMW chapters as well as the Hoosier IN, Bluegrass KY, Badger WI, and the MOR PCA, so if you're not sure about tracking, show up at an event I'm at and I'll take you out for a ride. Be sure and bring a helmet.

Several members here have already ridden with me.

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i479/rjhayes/Richard3.jpg

Guy's, I instruct for the Buckeye and Northern Ohio BMW chapters as well as the Hoosier IN, Bluegrass KY, Badger WI, and the MOR PCA, so if you're not sure about tracking, show up at an event I'm at and I'll take you out for a ride. Be sure and bring a helmet.

Several members here have already ridden with me.

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i479/rjhayes/Richard3.jpg[/img

I call dibs. Let me know when you're going.

I would like to attend one too if they're kind towards complete newbies.

most groups out there tend to be kind

locally,

NASA, BMWCCA, MidOhio Region PCA come to mind quickly

hello there RIchard....I had no idea you made you way onto CR..how's life been for you? the race car hibernating in peace or getting shaken up with stuff?

I call dibs. Let me know when you're going.

Kyle, I'm working on my schedule and yes I'll let you know my next instructing trip to Mid Ohio.

Last time I saw you was towing my car back from Nelson Ledges on 71 South ;-) Keep your car as clean as it was that day...

Edited by Irish M5

... the race car hibernating in peace or getting shaken up with stuff?

Rich, a clutch issue. Mine is the ClutchMasters Stage II Kevlar.

Pretty sure I didn't break it in properly two years ago. Had issues at RA on the uphill sections. Looking into a rebuild with organic. JB Racing have a plan for me and my buddy in Cincy will use his home shop for the rebuild. All is good.

How's the Dakar Yellow coming along?

My friends garage.

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i479/rjhayes/IMG_4606Large.jpg

Kyle, I'm working on my schedule and yes I'll let you know my next instructing trip to Mid Ohio.

Last time I saw you was towing my car back from Nelson Ledges on 71 South ;-) Keep your car as clean as it was that day...

Awesome, thank you.

After that I met up with you when I picked up those E46 M rotors for Rich...and finally got to see your track car up close.

:megusta:

I'm down for any track, but it's always been personal thing to get on the track since I've been going and watching the ALMS there.

No trade ;-)

I'm running a Blanton 3.64 40/60, static lock at 60 lbs/ft, with 5x90mm 4130 ceramic discs and plates. Best mod ever on my car.

Thanks for the offer on the clutch but I'm all set.

I ll trade u amber tail lights for your clears:)

Deal?

The dakar is getting refreshed with bushings, shocks, shifter and different diff....u need a spare 3.15 diff for your car? I can even put in new clutches for you for a total refresh

Kyle, you are correct. I forgot that was after the 71 drive by. Showing my short term memory loss here...

...After that I met up with you when I picked up those E46 M rotors for Rich...and finally got to see your track car up close...

Interested here as well, but the MR2 is SLOWLY getting to the point that I feel it is safe for a track day. Just sorting and changing a lot of stuff around right now. More than likely it will see PCA autoX a lot next year as things get dialed in.

Richard, in addition to the groups you mention the founder of Torqued Racing Solutions is on this forum and organizes a couple of lapping events every year at Putnam and Nelson. It's a very low key group to run with and provides quite a bit of track time. Those would be good events to look into doing as well this year.

http://torquedracingsolutions.com/

Andy