Powdercoated needed.

Mc_spirited

I have some small bits I want powder coated. My dad also has some things he wants done for his car. The reason why I'mo posting this is because instead of chroming he wants to get the trim for his car done in black. I think they are somewhere around 6 to 8 feet long. Does anyone know a powder coater with a oven large enough to handle that kind of item? Thanks guys.

PM on of our members, Just2EZ05. I believe his oven will handle something that size. He did the rims for my 51 in gloss black, and they rock. He takes a lot of pride in what he does, and doesn't charge an arm and a leg. Check him out! He's out near Sandusky, so it's not too terribly far from us here around C-town.

an oven that fits multiple people!!!:eek: I am going to try harbor freights system for $60 and i'll let you know how it works...

Hahah.. yeah..

The harbor frieght setup is just the powdercoat spray equipment? Cant you just use a normal oven to bake your parts if they are small enough?

I pmed Mike and gave him my phone number.

yea the harber freight system is just the pump and sprayer. U can use a normal home oven to cook the powder coat. I am getting an old oven for $20 so if it all works i can powder coat anything that fits in an oven. The powder is very cheap too!

I was at the Habitat for Humanity store yesterday and they had about 2 dozen old stoves. i didnt see what the pices were though sorry. the HfH store in columbus is on Westerville Rd near the closed down ghetto ass Schottensteins.

Does he has an oven large enough to fit multiple people in? cos its gotta be pretty big for the pieces my dad wants done.

This guy is certified..and he does car chasis. I'm pretty sure he can accommodate you..unless you're trying to powder coat Kid Rock's tour bus.

Worst Customer Service Ever....IMO.

And their powder work isn't that good if you ask me.

I Steer everyone I can away from that place.

Interesting, I had a really good experience with them. Only about 6 day turn around and that was after I dicked around with choosing a color for 2 days.

I think the powder work was very good. I suppose they could stand to be a few dollars cheaper, but for what I wanted and the timeframe I asked they did an outstanding job.

I know of a handful of others that have gone there for work and always had positive results as well.

Harbor freight equipment is garbage. I bought some for a back up gun used it once and never again. also heating parts in your oven can work but i wouldnt plan on eating food cooked out of it. Chemicals and what not. But yea i Have 2 styles of ovens one is a 20 foot long infared conveyor oven that can handle extremely long parts and a convection batch oven used for most normal parts.

I have a caswell plating gun http://www.caswellplating.com/powder/index.html

It works pretty good and it's DEF better than the harbor freight gun.

I have a large oven I built its like 5' x 28" 24" and a nice almost new large sandblast cabinet & the powder gun.....I'll sell all that for $400. The oven alone cost $400 to build.

Only thing you would need is a large aircompressor that will put out 150 psi.

• 1 year later...