Ohio Mile Event Open But...

wagner

I want to do it until I read it's a $200 entry fee for every race...

Yeah, plus $50 for ECTA membership. But that is for an entire weekend of running. I have spent $200 in a weekend and not had as much fun as I think I would running a 1 mile event. Considering its 3 or 5 events per season, and I won't run at every event I don't think the cost is that crazy.

Either way I want to support this kind of event as much as I can. Having a 1 mile event in our back yard is great.

200 would be a hefty price if all you can do is make a glory pass though

It cost $300 to race in an NHRA event for a sportsman racer, and that only gives you 2-3 hits at the track and then eliminations.

$200 is not that much if you think about the kind of event they are putting on. They have to cover insurance, personal, and whatever else plus try to make a small profit.

Where else can you go flatout without dealing with cops, and haveing EMT and fire crews there if things get ugly.

I will try to hit some of these up just to watch, should be pretty neat.

It cost $300 to race in an NHRA event for a sportsman racer, and that only gives you 2-3 hits at the track and then eliminations.

$200 is not that much if you think about the kind of event they are putting on. They have to cover insurance, personal, and whatever else plus try to make a small profit.

Where else can you go flatout without dealing with cops, and haveing EMT and fire crews there if things get ugly.

I will try to hit some of these up just to watch, should be pretty neat.

Yeah for a sponsored team aiming to win money or glory that is chunk change, for your typical guy just wanting to go fast and no big sponsors 200 bucks for a weekend is a bit on the heavy side.

Yeah for a sponsored team aiming to win money or glory that is chunk change, for your typical guy just wanting to go fast and no big sponsors 200 bucks for a weekend is a bit on the heavy side.

Sportsman racer= normal people. Pro classes pay more.

I want to do it until I read it's a $200 entry fee for every race...

Dude, that's nothing to race for the weekend...

....you are talking $2k+ for the weekend when its all said and done at the Texas Mile and that may be on the low side depending on your gas, mileage, and vehicle...

Typical one pass, street races cost more than that.... :p