Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dumbass should've went to the 49ers. They have a much better supporting cast and head coach, not to mention they dont have a guy upstairs who still believes he is god (Elway). Look who he would've had around him on offense, Randy Moss, Mario Manningham, Michael Crabtree, Ginn (if resigned), Vernon Davis, Frank Gore a decent line and a pretty stout defense. In Denver he has who and what? Peyton is my favorite NFL player but this was a dumb move on his part imo.

It'll be interesting to see where Tebow ends up, I have heard Miami and Jacksonville (although they drafted a qb just last year pretty high in the draft)

It'll be interesting to see where Tebow ends up, I have heard Miami and Jacksonville (although they drafted a qb just last year pretty high in the draft)

Toronto Argonauts for 2 cases of beer and a box of Cubans

"Elway and Manning first discussed the parameters of a five-year, $95 million contract during their March 9 meeting in Denver"

Hope that neck holds up til he's 40...dumb move on both ends. Again Manning is my favorite player, I honestly think he should've got to the niners or just retired. We'll see how it ends up, odds are itll be very Brett Favre ish

"Elway and Manning first discussed the parameters of a five-year, $95 million contract during their March 9 meeting in Denver"

Hope that neck holds up til he's 40...dumb move on both ends. Again Manning is my favorite player, I honestly think he should've got to the niners or just retired. We'll see how it ends up, odds are itll be very Brett Favre ish

I think Tebow can be a successful NFL qb, oh wait he was last year while he lead his team to the 2nd round of the playoffs... I dont think he'll ever be a Hall of Famer or even a Pro Bowler, but I think he can win you 10-11 games a year with a good supporting cast around him and a front office that believes in him.

I think Tebow can be a successful NFL qb, oh wait he was last year while he lead his team to the 2nd round of the playoffs... I dont think he'll ever be a Hall of Famer or even a Pro Bowler, but I think he can win you 10-11 games a year with a good supporting cast around him and a front office that believes in him.

He was not successful QB last year. His team was, but he was quite bad. 60% completion is a successful QB. He was under 50%.

Tebow did that in Denver. What do you think Peyton will be able to do with the same supporting cast if he's anywhere close to where he was before last season? There are a couple receivers who helped make Tebow look good in Denver last season and Peyton will make them look even better, again, if he's somewhere close to being the Peyton we all know.

What recievers, Eric no hands Decker? Some people over look the fact that it was the same Broncos team that got their 1st starting qb benched and shipped out...wish Peyton the best, but don't see it going very well. 1 game away is still 1 game away, so whats your point there? The Vikings were a much better team then this current Broncos team as well, Percy Harvin, Adrian Peterson and some guy on defene named Jarrod Allen...again who does the Broncos have?

What recievers, Eric no hands Decker? Some people over look the fact that it was the same Broncos team that got their 1st starting qb benched and shipped out...wish Peyton the best, but don't see it going very well. 1 game away is still 1 game away, so whats your point there? The Vikings were a much better team then this current Broncos team as well, Percy Harvin, Adrian Peterson and some guy on defene named Jarrod Allen...again who does the Broncos have?

Oh and apparently the Jets, Packers, Dolphins and Jags feel Tebow is worth trading for

You said that you are worried Manning will end up like Brett Favre. I'm saying that going 24-12 over 2 years with a hurt shoulder that requires surgery one season, and then barely losing to the Super Bowl Champs in the NFC title games isn't a fail. Oh, let's not forget that was with 2 different teams, with no training camp either time. Peyton can only be so lucky to lucky to have a final 4 years like Favre's. 2 NFC title games. Set passing records. Etc.

Oh and apparently the Jets, Packers, Dolphins and Jags feel Tebow is worth trading for
Do they? We all know that he would be best suited for the Packers or Jets, they would put him at the position he is most suited. Career backup.

holy shit, lots of news over the past 20 minutes.

Bountygate-

Sean Payton suspended for 1 year

$500,000 fine

lose 2nd round pick in 2012 and 2013

GM Loomis 8 game suspension

Greg Williams banned from the NFL indefinitely

Tebowgoing-

Jets get him for a 4th round pick.

ROFL, Jets dissent already

Cromartie tweets...

Y bring Tebow in when we need to bring in more Weapons for@Mark_Sanchez let's build the team around him. We already signed to 3 year ext.

holy shit, lots of news over the past 20 minutes.

Bountygate-

Sean Payton suspended for 1 year

$500,000 fine

lose 2nd round pick in 2012 and 2013

GM Loomis 8 game suspension

Greg Williams banned from the NFL indefinitely

Tebowgoing-

Jets get him for a 4th round pick.

Just came in to post this:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827c0dd9/article/nfl-suspends-saints-coach-payton-for-one-year-without-pay

NFL just went straight fucking hatchet on the Saints.

ROFL, Jets dissent already

Cromartie tweets...

Y bring Tebow in when we need to bring in more Weapons for@Mark_Sanchez let's build the team around him. We already signed to 3 year ext.

LOL, and someone was saying that the Jets wanted to bring in Tebow to help repair their image of having a fractured, dysfunctional locker room.

Damn the Saints got hammered harder then Jenna Jameson in her prime. Jets will either use Tebow as trade bait now, use him in packages, or prepare him for when Sanchez chokes mid season. Why is Cromarte even talking? Dude underperformed like a mother fucker last season, maybe he should stick to making babies rather then tweeting. Dude has something like 9 kids now

It might not matter anyways as apparently the trade has hit a snag. Tebow is owed 5 million dollars in salary advancement. This would go with him to NY, thus leaving the jets responsible to pay for it. Apparently they feel Denver should pay this, ESPN is saying that if the deal falls through don't be suprised to see St. Louis step in and work a deal out to get him. I can't remember the last time a "backup" quarterback has had this much attention, hmm..

The deal to the Jets doesnt make sense as they already have 3 qb's, I really hope they aren't trying to obtain him simply for the wildcat, although his freshman year at Florida they did that and won a NC lol

So glad the saints got a harsh punishment, all of my car buddies down south who are hard core saints fans are saying it's total BS....but they were the same ones calling for tOSU football program to be burned to the ground after the tattoo incident.

Derps.

I can't remember the last time a "backup" quarterback has had this much attention, hmm..

If Tebowners didn't exist, it would be nothing more than a blip until the argument over the bonus came up.

Chad Hagan is officially a medical hardship waiver now. Puts OSU at 81 so 1 under the 82 limit they have for the next 3 years.

New spring roster went up yesterday. One of the Scout guys noted significant weight changes...

28 players were shown to have gained weight from the roster released prior to the Gator Bowl. Double-digit gainers were:

* Kenny Hayes (up 45 pounds to 285)

* Chase Farris (up 21 to 286)

* Reid Fragel (up 18 to 298),

* Conner Crowell (up 13 to 233)

* Nick Vannett (up 13 to 248)

* Ken Guiton (up 11 to 206)

* Steve Miller (up 10 to 255)

* Curtis Grant (up 10 to 235)

* Ryan Shazier (up 16 to 226).

On the flip side, there were 20 players listed at a lower weight than the previous roster.

* Johnathan Hankins (down 18 pounds to 317)

* Joel Hale (down 15 to 285)

* John Simon (down 10 to 260)

* Nathan Williams (down 11 to 249)

* Corey Linsley (down 18 to 292)

* Tommy Brown (down 10 to 310)

Now, remember, those changes are from their LISTED weights under the Tressel/Fickell regime and are now their listed weights under the Meyer regime. So a guy like Curtis Grant who is listed as a 10lb. weight gain has actually lost just shy of 15lbs. because he was actually closer to 250 playing last season. And you'll notice a big name missing from the list, Chris Carter. He is listed at 358 now. He was actually listed at 350 on the Gator Bowl roster (and we all know he was up closer to 380-390). But he doesn't get mentioned as a big gainer/loser because his listed weight was so inaccurate.

Chad Hagan is officially a medical hardship waiver now. Puts OSU at 81 so 1 under the 82 limit they have for the next 3 years.

New spring roster went up yesterday. One of the Scout guys noted significant weight changes...

28 players were shown to have gained weight from the roster released prior to the Gator Bowl. Double-digit gainers were:

* Kenny Hayes (up 45 pounds to 285)

* Chase Farris (up 21 to 286)

* Reid Fragel (up 18 to 298),

* Conner Crowell (up 13 to 233)

* Nick Vannett (up 13 to 248)

* Ken Guiton (up 11 to 206)

* Steve Miller (up 10 to 255)

* Curtis Grant (up 10 to 235)

* Ryan Shazier (up 16 to 226).

On the flip side, there were 20 players listed at a lower weight than the previous roster.

* Johnathan Hankins (down 18 pounds to 317)

* Joel Hale (down 15 to 285)

* John Simon (down 10 to 260)

* Nathan Williams (down 11 to 249)

* Corey Linsley (down 18 to 292)

* Tommy Brown (down 10 to 310)

Now, remember, those changes are from their LISTED weights under the Tressel/Fickell regime and are now their listed weights under the Meyer regime. So a guy like Curtis Grant who is listed as a 10lb. weight gain has actually lost just shy of 15lbs. because he was actually closer to 250 playing last season. And you'll notice a big name missing from the list, Chris Carter. He is listed at 358 now. He was actually listed at 350 on the Gator Bowl roster (and we all know he was up closer to 380-390). But he doesn't get mentioned as a big gainer/loser because his listed weight was so inaccurate.

Notes from the first day of practice

Offense

Maybe the most impressive looking player on the field coming out of winter conditioning was senior Reid Fragel. The former tight end was working as the first-team right tackle on day one, and he looks like an NFL tackle. Meyer said he is 298 pounds now with less than 10 percent body fat, which is incredibly impressive for a 6-8 kid.

Senior Jordan Hall took the most snaps with the first-team offense, followed by Rod Smith and then Carlos Hyde. It seemed liked Hall and Smith were best suited for the style offense Ohio State is going to run.

One of the biggest issues during Wednesday’s practice was the lack of consistency from the guys catching those passes. Meyer was not impressed with the skill position players on day one, saying he should be walking off the field thinking "wow" about 2-3 guys.

The first practice for Braxton Miller with the new coaching staff looked a lot like the old practices, except for some of the different things they asked him to do with the football. It’s clear that Miller is going to excel in the read-option, and there were a number of times he broke open on a quarterback keeper (albeit on a non-contact day without full pads).

Miller’s throwing was good, but he is still inconsistent with his ball placement. His timing was better, and he hit 8-10 straight dump-off passes with perfect precision. As a whole, Guiton actually had the better day throwing the ball.

http://www.the-ozone.net/football/2012/springball/dayone_insiderreport.html