New car

The_buster

A guy that works in heath has the caprice. he stops in at work sometimes. he said he was going to junk it and i offered him a grand. its white and does have some rust from what i saw, he stopped in at night.

Give 100-150 more than scrap which is usually what...2-300? Not 1000.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theyre all sold..

GOOD NEWS!! the wife says i can get whatever, no trucks though, as long as its under 2000. anyone know of anything fitting this criteria- manual trans. nothing over 200k miles, no major work needed. body can be a little rough i dont care as long as it drives. and under 2 grand. Id like a camaro or transam.. and of course a 240.. pretty much a daily beater i can have some fun with.

... its $1000 which leaves me with more money to fix the altima. altima needs tune up, tires (all four), and both front lower control arms. which are 130-150 each. The car just needs to last me a couple years then the wife will be a RN... then ill have more money to play with :)

So, why aren't you just fixing your Altima? Am I confused, or are you shopping for a broke dick car when the car you already have is also of the broke dick variety? Fix the daily driver you have (or sell it), then later on when you have more money saved up shop for a "toy". There's a big difference between a $2k car and a $3k car in most cases. When it's time, don't be afraid to make a low offer. In my experience, people often change their mind about their bottom dollar when you have $100 bills in your hand.

dude, your best bet is to find someone on this site experienced with the process of buying cheap, used cars. pay them $100-200, and have them basically do everything for you. every single car you've listed is an abortion-waiting-to-happen. i sold a completely solid '99 sentra 3 years ago for $2200. it had 115k miles and ran without a single issue. the only thing i had done to the car was a timing belt (maintenance), and brakes. you should be able to find something comparable.

the idea of buying a caprice (that needs, what i consider, significant work) for $1,000, when the guy admits he was probably going to junk it, is insane.

i'll mention what no one else here has mentioned. you don't need a 'toy'. you need reliable transportation for you AND your wife. you have neither, currently. given the fact that you mentioned 'baby-hauler', i'm going to assume you have a child. even more reason, why you don't need a car that will strand you, your wife/gf, and a small child in the cold weather. plenty of time for toys when your significant other graduates.

the altima is reliable. its just small things that it needs. Its a 95 with ~154k, i bought it in 07 with 94k so it just needs a tune up. I replaced the VCG because it was leaking on the ex. man. the only reason it needs control arms is because i kinda hit two curbs in the winter in two years. the only other major things it needs is tires and a muffler.

dude, your best bet is to find someone on this site experienced with the process of buying cheap, used cars. pay them $100-200, and have them basically do everything for you. every single car you've listed is an abortion-waiting-to-happen. i sold a completely solid '99 sentra 3 years ago for $2200. it had 115k miles and ran without a single issue. the only thing i had done to the car was a timing belt (maintenance), and brakes. you should be able to find something comparable.

the idea of buying a caprice (that needs, what i consider, significant work) for $1,000, when the guy admits he was probably going to junk it, is insane.

i'll mention what no one else here has mentioned. you don't need a 'toy'. you need reliable transportation for you AND your wife. you have neither, currently. given the fact that you mentioned 'baby-hauler', i'm going to assume you have a child. even more reason, why you don't need a car that will strand you, your wife/gf, and a small child in the cold weather. plenty of time for toys when your significant other graduates.

+1

Get your priorities right, toys can come later...

this