Machine shops in Columbus

GTPSS

Hello,

Its been a few years since Ive logged on, but I think I'm ready to join the ranks of the auto world again.

I'm looking for a reputable machine shop (that will answer emails/phone) to do some minor work-that work being:

-dial in my valvetrain

-re-instal rear cover/main seal

If someone is willing to help and actually knows wtf their doing we can work something out :) LSx experience prefered.

Motor details:

LEP 416 stroker

WCCH L92 CNC heads

62x/62x cam

2000 miles total-fresh from being tuned by PCMforLESS in NC.

Pulled at the present time awaiting work.

Thank you in advance!

Jeremiah

I'm not sure what you mean by dial in the valve train. Do you just mean set the valve lash and preload? If that is all you mean it should be a relatively simple process with a little research about your motor. You can probably buy a tool to spin the oil pump to make sure your lifters are pumped all the way up. As for the rear main seal (I can't speak to your motor), but with the engine out of the vehicle that should also not be a big deal with a little research. Then again I'm not specifically an LS guy, so I could be talking out of my ass.

Hello,

Its been a few years since Ive logged on, but I think I'm ready to join the ranks of the auto world again.

I'm looking for a reputable machine shop (that will answer emails/phone) to do some minor work-that work being:

-dial in my valvetrain

-re-instal rear cover/main seal

If someone is willing to help and actually knows wtf their doing we can work something out :) LSx experience prefered.

Motor details:

LEP 416 stroker

WCCH L92 CNC heads

62x/62x cam

2000 miles total-fresh from being tuned by PCMforLESS in NC.

Pulled at the present time awaiting work.

Thank you in advance!

Jeremiah

Well I can tell you not to call Phillips Racing, as this my biggest complaint when I delt with them. M&M has a great reputation.

Thanks for the input!

Phillips was the main one, he's like 5min from me. If he wont answer phone/email, then why would I trust them with my motor, right?

The work I need done seems extremely simple, 2 rear seals later and 2,000 miles, its time for somebody else to do it. The inverse design of the seal makes them difficult to set right.

As far as the VT, I cant even come close! I'm either doing something drastically wrong or just can't comprehend the geometry. Whats even worse, is it ran strong before I pulled it this last time.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll give m&m a call Monday.