Who's stayed on Maui, Hawaii?

Trouble Maker

Looking for some suggestions on places to stay. We are going in a few months and are having a hard time picking out our final hotel.

We are looking to stay, probably on the West side of the island for our last 3 nights there and splurge since the first 2 places we are staying are reasonably priced. I'm thinking somewhere ground level where we can walk right out onto a beach.

But I'm open to any suggestions.

My wife and i were just there in April, stayed in an average ass condo. It didn't matter, we were still 150 feet from the beach. Plus we were NEVER in the room, but to sleep. IT'S AMAZING! we drove the entire island, saw as much as possible, and plan to go back asap!

My wife and i were just there in April, stayed in an average ass condo. It didn't matter, we were still 150 feet from the beach. Plus we were NEVER in the room, but to sleep. IT'S AMAZING! we drove the entire island, saw as much as possible, and plan to go back asap!

We are staying for 11 nights total, 6 on the big Island and 5 on Maui. We already have an average sized condo on the big island within walking distance to the beach with a nice ocean view on their sun deck. We are staying here for our first 2 nights on Maui, which is also reasonably priced.

http://hanalani.maui.net/Treetops-Bedroom.jpg

Yes, that's a tree house. :fuckyeah:

I want to splurge a little and stay somewhere nicer on our last 3 nights. I want my 'own' slice of the beach.

go to kauai!!!!!

We already have our plans made and flights booked. The only major thing left to do is our hotel on Maui the last 3 nights and booking a few excursions... which we basically know what we are going to do, just need to make a final decision and book them.

You've got to do the road to Hana. I think it has the best views, no guardrails with large drops and 7 waterfalls. My favorite thing we did there.

The treehouse is in Hana so that will be one of the first things we do. We will probably drive around the other way on the way back.

The treehouse is in Hana so that will be one of the first things we do. We will probably drive around the other way on the way back.

going past hana and taking the pilani highway around the south west side is gravy. the road quality degrades a little bit, but its honestly no problem at all. ive seen worse roads in rural ohio.

just watch out for cows. they are free range out there, and you will find them just standing in the road lol.

if you want an adventure, drive around the north from wailuku to kapalua. that road gets pretty sketchy at some points... like a little wider than one lane. huge cliff to the ocean on one side, wall of rock on the other. if someone comes the other way, someone has to back up.

when we were there, a couple locals were having a dispute about who was going to back up. neither of them wanted to. caused a huge traffic jam. we were stuck up there for like two hours.

Been to Maui 2 weeks every year since 2004...and 1 trip to the big island.

as for the west side and you are wanting to splurge, I'd recommend the Ritz. Just got a complete overhaul on all rooms/pools. If you want to be around more action, stay at the sheraton on kaanapali beach. A few minutes to whalers village... Plus the beach is huge, great snorkeling and next to black rock.

We stayed at Honua kai last year which are condos, REAL nice.

Our first visit, we stayed at the Hyatt on kaanapali which is the other end of that strip.. Voted as the top hotel in Maui a few years ago, but the beach here is...well, there is no beach. The water comes up too high so you'd have to walk. The pool area though is amazing.

first time out?

PM for places to eat, things to do, things not to do, tips on car rental, etc