Tire change from hell.

Buck531

Long read for what it was but yeah....we've all had shit like that happen. The MS3 has been sitting with a dead battery and I won't begin to bitch about how I can't get to my tool box because of how it's parked. Now that I read this article, I dread what is going to happen when I go to simply change out the battery.

Dude is an epic fail. Put the jack in the right place and it'll work fine. How long has it been since we jacked up cars by the rear bumper? 1980? If you can't get the spare out, screw it, throw the flat in the bed of your pickup and run it to the gas station to air it up. And the shit about working in the sun on an 80 degree day? Man up, you're swapping a tire, not swapping a motor. Get it over and be done with it.

The OP's first reply after being told numerous times that he's used the jack incorrectly:

"GODDAMIT."

lol Damn idiot. It tells you in the manual and either where the jack is located or on the jack, as well. He's lucky the damn thing didn't fall off.

Well, he did say the manual wasn't in the car. But yeah, utter fail otherwise.

I'm wondering what the heck he was lifting the car by back there, it looks like part of the bumper structure...

And those scissor jacks are badass, the one that came with my Voyager has been used HUNDREDS of times on various cars over the years, and more than a few things have been lifted that should not have been.