CR Sushi Meet 2/18

Nickey4271647545519

Stone bibim bap, it's one of their Korean offerings. It comes to you hot and cooked, but by moving things around in the stone bowl, you determine what degree of browning and "crisping" the ingredients get.

I think either Eli or Howard tipped me off to this.

Here's a better description, from Wikipedia:

A variation of this dish, dolsot bibimbap (돌솥 비빔밥, "dolsot" meaning "stone pot"), is served in a very hot stone bowl in which a raw egg is cooked against the sides of the bowl. The bowl is so hot that anything that touches it sizzles for minutes. Before the rice is placed in the bowl, the bottom of the bowl is coated with sesame oil, making the layer of the rice touching the bowl golden brown and crisp.

the sweet potato roll is great. there was also a bbq eel (IIRC) that was great, and i always love some salmon/avocado/cream cheese...now im hungry for sushi, and of course im on 1/2 hour lunches this week and my place is just far enough from work i cant make it in time. ugh

Interesting. I usually get sushi at House of Japan Steakhouse since my uncle works as a sushi chef there. How late can I put in RSVP ? Would the night before be ok ?

The night before is just fine. All I need is about an hours notice of who's coming.

Sean and I are going to be at a wedding that night but is anything other than the concert going on after?

In. Though I probably won't be going to the bar/concert later. But it's been too long since I've been to Akai Hana.

How come? All of the cool kids are going to be there. :fa:

I was already planning on going to Howards gig. I'm 90% on going to Akai Hana too. Love that place!

I live close by to where Howard's band is playing, so if anyone feels they had one too many, I have a spare bed and a few couches for people to crash on.

I was already planning on going to Howards gig. I'm 90% on going to Akai Hana too. Love that place!

I live close by to where Howard's band is playing, so if anyone feels they had one too many, I have a spare bed and a few couches for people to crash on.

I want to, but gotta do the responsible thing. We will see what time we get out of the wedding.

I don't drink, and crowded bars with loud bands kind of kill any other conversation. It's just not my thing.