Insurance Company

PGH STEELERS

Need help finding an Insurance company. Don't like State Farm & Allstate. Would like if possible to have the insurance company in the Westerville area, but not necessary. I'm so fricken pissed at Allstate and would never think of going back to State Farm. Thanks for you help.

Need help finding an Insurance company. Don't like State Farm & Allstate. Would like if possible to have the insurance company in the Westerville area, but not necessary. I'm so fricken pissed at Allstate and would never think of going back to State Farm. Thanks for you help.

If you don't like State Farm or All state I'm guessing you're unhappy due to service related issues not your rates. Aside from an organization like USAA nobody in the industry can touch those two for rates in most cases.

Are you looking for a company that's more about the customer experience?

Andy

I have had Progressive for the past two years. They have been pretty good to me and their customer service is excellent.

I had nationwide before, and they were very good too. Only reason I switched was they were so expensive.

Liberty Mutual can kiss my ass. Customer service sucked and was super expensive.

USAA if you have any way into it. Very few situations where their rate won't be the lowest by far.

+1 for USAA... 5 vehicles, home, valuables all insured by them and they put a new roof/siding on the house last year while my vehicle premiums went down and home went up only slightly. Again, that's if you are eligible.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/pub_eligibility_task_entry

Who is eligible?

Active, retired and honorably separated officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. military.

Officer candidates in commissioning programs (Academy, ROTC, OCS/OTS).

Adult children whose eligible parents have or had a USAA auto or property insurance product.

Widows and widowers of USAA members who have or had a USAA auto or property insurance policy.

+1 for USAA... 5 vehicles, home, valuables all insured by them and they put a new roof/siding on the house last year while my vehicle premiums went down and home went up only slightly. Again, that's if you are eligible.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/pub_eligibility_task_entry

Who is eligible?

Active, retired and honorably separated officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. military.

Officer candidates in commissioning programs (Academy, ROTC, OCS/OTS).

Adult children whose eligible parents have or had a USAA auto or property insurance product.

Widows and widowers of USAA members who have or had a USAA auto or property insurance policy.

+2

USAA is the only way to go! ;)

What was the issue with AllState? I've had them for several years and never had any issues. Maybe just a bad agent? My girlfriend works for AllState now, could have her look into it if it would help.

I'm sure it's a extremely bad agent. Last year when I wreck my GTO (my fault), I called up to see if I should turn it in and my agent stated that they would cover the expense, but would drop me after the repair. I asked him, aren't you the good hands people and he was clueless on how to help me. Not only that but after 6 months my wife's insurance went down a little bit but my two cars went up, like $75.00 a piece. So I called on it, they stated that they would look into it and never got back to me, so I called them back to no answer again. Now after another 6 months, my house insurance went up $150.00. I'm sorry, I've had enough of this crap. Extremely poor customer service.

Thanks everyone for their opinion, I will be checking out Erie Insurance and Grange. Maybe some others? The reason for State Farm is when we had that storm blow through and parts for the front roof were torn off. State Farm was willing to only patch the area in damage, not the entire front and they wouldn't even consider repairing the back which I had several roofing companies tell me that there was damage on the back side. AllState, I'm chaulking up to a very poor agent, I have had no communication and every single time we get a renewal quote, everything goes up at least by $80.00 or more. When I was with State Farm, I rarely had rate increases, and when I did it was due to a new car and then my rates never increased by large numbers.

You can try going through Dorsey Conley insurance. They go through about 8 or so different insurance companies. I was with grange for years and they called me asking to switch to Hanover. Rates went down on the cars and the house. Haven't had to file a claim in years though so I don't know how that'll work out.

Thanks everyone for their opinion, I will be checking out Erie Insurance and Grange. Maybe some others? The reason for State Farm is when we had that storm blow through and parts for the front roof were torn off. State Farm was willing to only patch the area in damage, not the entire front and they wouldn't even consider repairing the back which I had several roofing companies tell me that there was damage on the back side. AllState, I'm chaulking up to a very poor agent, I have had no communication and every single time we get a renewal quote, everything goes up at least by $80.00 or more. When I was with State Farm, I rarely had rate increases, and when I did it was due to a new car and then my rates never increased by large numbers.

Man with State Farm I got a whole new roof and siding from a hail storm, but like you said I think that has to do with the agent or the inspector who comes out to approve the replacement/repair.

Whatever you do DO NOT go to Safe Co for insurance. They fucked me big time with the hail damage on the house back in 04. Took TWO YEARS and a bad ass contractor to work with them to get my roof/siding fixed.

After it was all done they doubled my rates from $600 a year to over $1300 a year for the homeowers.

Whatever you do DO NOT go to Safe Co for insurance. They fucked me big time with the hail damage on the house back in 04. Took TWO YEARS and a bad ass contractor to work with them to get my roof/siding fixed.

After it was all done they doubled my rates from $600 a year to over $1300 a year for the homeowers.

Safe Co and Liberty Mutual use the same adjusters for property claims. There were several different hail storms that year in Ohio that were catastrophe coded. As long as the date of loss was entered correctly it should not have affected your rates like that.

Also with hail and wind claims it can be somewhat subjective. If you push enough most insurance companies eventually give in. Some companies have certain parameters the damage must meet, others are much more loose and come down to the adjuster's opinion. If anyone has questions on wind or hail claims for their house feel free to contact me as I deal with them daily all over the country.