2012 Deer Shed Hunt

dakotart

There is a small piece of land in between rosehill road and a small creek here next to the house. We walked it for a few minutes last year and found 3 full skulls with antlers. Surprising here in Reynoldsburg.

I'm not at all suprised. I grew up with it but looking back it, its almost weird. It almost sounds like you live right around my grandparents. They live live off of rosehill and prior and their house sits on the creek. They have deer behind the house all the time. Infact just last week, my grandma got scared because they were on the street corner and in her way when she was trying to walk back to the house. Do you live in that area?

I gotten them in my yard on a few occasions when my neighbors had a cattle fence boarding us. I suspect they used to fall off when they jumped the fence. They weren't usually found near the fence which would suggest rubbing or getting tangled, rather about 50 yards away in the middle of my yard. One I have in my garage in nice shape, and others get found when I'm mowing.

i read an artical on how you can teach a dog to fetch them, they are alot better at finding them than we are. that would be very cool.

I know a guy who trained his golden retriever (3rd dog he's trained).

Supposedly found over 300 sets last year.