spotted Subaru BRZ

Gergwheel1647545492

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah need a turbo model, and why is it not all wheel drive!???

Turbo may be coming if the car proves to be popular. Subaru already has a turbo FA20 they're thinking of putting into the next WRX. TRD is supposedly already working with a supercharged example.

As for AWD, the goal was light weight, super low CG height, and well balanced. It's difficult an expensive to get a good balance with the engine hanging out in front of the front wheels. So they set the engine 4" lower and 9" back from where it would be in the Impreza. This, however puts the engine in the way of where the front axles would be. And engine placement issues aside, AWD is heavier and saps more power.

I saw an Armada in my lot today with a similar green plate and thought, "Oh man just like the one on CR" but it was just an IL- land of lincoln MFR tag. Major letdown, much like the Columbus Auto show has been for me.

btw, the BRZ is at the Columbus Auto Show this weekend.

My wife and i went last night. Her lease is up in june so we went to car shop for her. We sat in almost 50went cars, kias, toyota, hyundai, mercedes, subaru, etc.

Here is the brz interaction.

Walking by, hey, there is the brz, both look while walking, continue on. Dont stop. Car looks boring, no draw for either of us. A few highschoolsers huddled around, but thats it.

Wife narrowed it down to eos, gti, passat or a4, all on her own. Thatta girl.

Walking by, hey, there is the brz, both look while walking, continue on. Dont stop. Car looks boring, no draw for either of us.

What's it look like. The gray one in post 152 is boring and ugly. The white one further down is hot. Funny what a little pearl paint and sunshine can do to a car. Unfortunately most of what they will sell will be the boring ugly ones. If it was me at Subaru, they'd all be tits and fully styled or we wouldn't make them. Do it right don't just do it.

Its not doing it for me stock from the factory. Although a few mods here and there and it will be a sexy little car.

$5 says we'll see one with 30 day tags in one of our sponsors shops at some point soon after it's released.

My wife and i went last night. Her lease is up in june so we went to car shop for her. We sat in almost 50went cars, kias, toyota, hyundai, mercedes, subaru, etc.

Here is the brz interaction.

Walking by, hey, there is the brz, both look while walking, continue on. Dont stop. Car looks boring, no draw for either of us. A few highschoolsers huddled around, but thats it.

Wife narrowed it down to eos, gti, passat or a4, all on her own. Thatta girl.

I could certainly say the same about the GTI. I think the BRZ looks really good. It could look better, but it's definitely not boring to me. It seems to be a pretty polarizing car.

After getting more acquainted with one, I will say it just might work as a weekend SCCA Car, and resale value will be insane. Placed order, hoping for mid summer delivery.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ELFl2_1q7DI/TObn1HnV2fI/AAAAAAAAAaQ/5JkvAtpbv7k/s1600/Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Jones wouldn't be caught dead driving anything with less then 4 rings on the badge. :p

What about....

FIVE?

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/lhiannonshee/images.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h23/lhiannonshee/images-1.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTXs-

Give wife your GTi, buy R32, everyone is happy!

Isn't the eos overpriced?

Its her time to buy a new car. She is getting a promotion in August, so I want her to get what she wants.

If she goes Eos, which I doubt, it will be used. Found a CPO 2010 for 25k with 20k miles on it. They are amazingly overpriced new.

He will never be happy, he has a condition. :fuuuu:

Indeed. Its a challenge to deal with. :fa:

What's it look like. The gray one in post 152 is boring and ugly. The white one further down is hot. Funny what a little pearl paint and sunshine can do to a car. Unfortunately most of what they will sell will be the boring ugly ones. If it was me at Subaru, they'd all be tits and fully styled or we wouldn't make them. Do it right don't just do it.

It was just boring imo. The wheels are ugly and very tacky looking. They need a dished wheel, te37 like. And they need to be lowered. It just does absolutely nothing for me.

I hate body kits though, too. So drop and some quality wheels would make it look the best it can. Think smartest retard, still dumb.

I could certainly say the same about the GTI. I think the BRZ looks really good. It could look better, but it's definitely not boring to me. It seems to be a pretty polarizing car.

Sure, you like it, I don't, vice versa on my car. Just stating my opinion in the thread.

Its not polarizing. You either like, or don't like something. No car is universally loved by everyone, so all cars are polarizing.

I get the idea of the car, I get why people like it, but I just don't like it.

My tune might change if I can fit in them, but I highly doubt I will.

I hate body kits though, too. So drop and some quality wheels would make it look the best it can. Think smartest retard, still dumb.

Sure, you like it, I don't, vice versa on my car. Just stating my opinion in the thread.

Its not polarizing. You either like, or don't like something. No car is universally loved by everyone, so all cars are polarizing.

I get the idea of the car, I get why people like it, but I just don't like it.

My tune might change if I can fit in them, but I highly doubt I will.

It seems to go beyond just a passive dislike. Case in point, you calling it "dumb" and using "retard" in a metaphor. Also, we're at 200 posts about a car that makes less power at peak than some of the cars here make at idle. I think moving someone to an active like or dislike is "polarizing."

But that's just semantics. :)

It's tough to find high offset rims that look really good. But I'm thinking the Enkei PF01 is a good balance of price, looks, and weight. My friends are trying to stop me from going black on black again, though...

Unfortunately, there just isn't enough aftermarket parts yet to really get a good set of low offset rims to fit.

As for lowering, a mild drop may happen. Thing is, the car is going to be a year-round DD, so I'll need to clear the snow that will inevitably fall if I trade an AWD car for a RWD one. (My prediction for winter 2012-13 is 3 feet)