Columbus Gun Show

jeffro

Who went?

What did you get?

I went early saturday for the first time looking for a reasonably priced laser sight and some information on CCW classes. Most Everything was pricey as hell IMO, but did get a good price on a CCW course. Willing to share if anyone is interested.

i went on sunday prices were beyond expensive, for example a WWII Japanese rifle that was less than poor condition the guy wanted $700. the exact AR that i paid $800 for was "on sale" for $875. i wanted to get a M1 Garand but prices were also sky high i saw 2 that were in decent shape listed at $2700 and $2800. i however though did see a mini gun for sale :) for the slim price of $45,000 lol.

I purchased my kel-tec pf-9 from pauls marine in delaware 2 weeks ago for 264 before tax. The cheapest one i saw at the gunshow was $300. Cheapest box of any 9mm ammo i saw was 12 bucks. Grant it it was cheaper to buy in bulk, but i just wanted 1 or two boxes. Walmart was cheaper than that....

i went on sunday prices were beyond expensive, for example a WWII Japanese rifle that was less than poor condition the guy wanted $700. the exact AR that i paid $800 for was "on sale" for $875. i wanted to get a M1 Garand but prices were also sky high i saw 2 that were in decent shape listed at $2700 and $2800. i however though did see a mini gun for sale :) for the slim price of $45,000 lol.

Hold off on the M1 Garand purchase. There will be a flood of these from S. Korea by Summer time. Not sure on condition, yet, but I suspect prices will be around $500.

The importers are paying around $250 each for these rifles.

Hold off on the M1 Garand purchase. There will be a flood of these from S. Korea by Summer time. Not sure on condition, yet, but I suspect prices will be around $500.

The importers are paying around $250 each for these rifles.

why?

The word is that those Garands are ROUGH. Do not expect anything better than what the CMP would call "rack" grade, and you'd be lucky to get that.

I found some stuff...picked up some PPU 8mm Lebel for cheap, found a guy who repairs old Crosman BB guns, and grabbed a bunch of cheapy targets. Plus beef jerky!