Teenage Driver/Jeep Cherokee -vs- GTI

Tim Davis

Not how I wanted to start the day, teenage driver hit black ice, lost traction and over corrected. Unfortunately I was in the oncoming traffic with nowhere to go......his rear bumper clipped me as he slid past.

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae324/SilverTwinOH/front.jpg

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae324/SilverTwinOH/rearprofile.jpg

Ripped the harness right out of the door

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae324/SilverTwinOH/DoorHarness.jpg

Fortunately they were insured unlike the last time I was hit, unfortunately they are insured with Geico. Hopefully getting it repaired properly will not be a battle.

Luckily it was not a direct hit and no airbags popped. My 8 y/o son did't even realize what actually happened.

My 8 y/o son did't even realize what actually happened.

Best part of such a crappy situation. Glad you and your son are good. Sucks about the car, but most certainly could have been worse. Just think if it was warm you're arm could have been out the window.

Take it to a high quality, reputable shop and hold your ground. They can't tell you where to take it, so let the body shop fight to get paid

This. YOU have the decision by law as to what shop you take it to.

Hope things work out for you.

It's at the local Carstar right now, I have no personal experience but a couple of co-workers have used them in the past w/good results. They have also been helpful in providing guidance about working with Geico.

I went and took another look at the car today, the damage is more extensive than I thought. Unfortunately far from totalled. Mostly sheet metal replacement and likely at least 3 new wheels. There does not appear to be significant structural damage.

That would require him to actually DRIVE it. :fuckyeah:

Odd that you say that, people in Columbus likely see the car being driven more than you do........

Feel free to tag along to NC - Tail of the Dragon in May if you would like to see it driven a bit more:fuckyeah:

I've yet to even see your Subi or a photo with the giraffe to authenticate it.

Carstar is an in-out shop that insurance companies use. After seeing their estimate (for my car), it was obvious that they would not make the car look like it did before.

I would take it to Achbach, it's who I use for just about anything. Of course there are also reputable vendors on the board as well. :)