Who else doesn't follow sports?

Mojoe

I could give 2 shits about sports teams, players, and who was so awesome or sucked. Everytime I hear people talking about a sport "they use to play", man it's like getting stabbed in the ear. Don't get me wrong, I will go play just about any sport. But, sitting and watching it, fantacy teams, arguing over it, it's just a huge waste to me. What kills me too are chicks all into it. Huge turn off. I see some that got into it just so guys might like them and they would have an interest. But if it's not you, WTF? Just ranting.

I have a dude I work with who was talking sports the other days, and the other guys punked him out for not knowing sports and then he admitted he roots for whatever team his girlfriend likes. Total lose of man card.

Now that said, I get that people are not all going to have the same interest. So don't dwell on that. Just wondering who else is like this?

• Upvote 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't follow it much but I do enjoy a baseball game now and again with good company, beer, and a hot dog.

I'd go with this. I dunno why, I hadn't really followed Baseball since I was a kid. I will put on 700 AM and play a game in a the garage while working on what ever project I have happening.

Yes AM Radio.

The only thing I really follow needs to have an engine or someone getting punched in the face. Anymore I use sports on TV as background noise for doing other stuff.

I do like going to OSU games, but that is more for the experience. Too many people "live and die" for OSU and other sports teams.

Brian, your avatar is one of the best movies I remember from gowing up.

Fucking great movie. You need to use this classic quote on someone:

You and me, we're gonna have a fight. Today. After school. Three o'clock. In the parking lot. You try and run, I'm gonna track you down. You go to a teacher, it's only gonna get worse. You sneak home, I'm gonna be under your bed.

No sports here...

Except I'm with Patterson: Love listening to Tom Hamilton broadcast the Indians...usually I listen in the garage when I'm working outside. It's mostly because baseball is a summer sport, and I really like SUMMER first and foremost!

I enjoy PLAYING softball and other sports, I just don't follow NBA, NFL, etc...

I agree, I hate it when people ask me what sports I watch and when I say I dont its like I just insulted their entire family. I have far better things to do than waste my time watching people prance around playing with each other. besides most sports have been turned into giant ads.

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Ernest Hemingway

Kinda sums it up for me(except for the bullfighting and mountaineering). I just don't get into watching games being played by other people. My in-laws always have golf on when we are there...but they get all the autoracing channels. I don't get it.

Edited by vitamincj
because racecar

Totally agree Joe. It's annoying when my wife makes gets all into football. I don't get it, but she doesn't have it bad so it doesn't bother all that much. I can tell you that I turn down invites to go watch sports at friends houses all the time, I can find other excuses to sit around and drink beer.

I think when there are big sports event going on, we all need to have a gathering and do something more fun. Damn I wish there was a good go cart track around Columbus. Hell, I'd be good with a group run to RT555.

Buckeye retardedness is annoying. I have gone to tailgating events and games, the last tickets I was given, I gave away. It's just a pain in the ass and the people are not fun to deal with.

I have had to block people on FB because it was all they posted. I just messaged them and told them to call me for anything or text. And you know what, they were ok with it. I was glad to see that.

I will watch pretty much any sport that is on tv. But i am not as bad as i used to be. Baseball season used to kill me i would watch every single Reds game on tv even the west coast games. Staying up watching baseball all ngiht makes for a long ass work day the next day.