any PTV issues with this cam choice? LS3 c6.

LivnTheDream23

Got a cam going in over at IPS in a few weeks and wanted to see what others think of my cam choice. My main concern being PTV clearance.

Cam spec...

231/238 .638”/.615” 113LSA +3

Comp EHI/LXL lobes

Cam was Specd out by Pat Guerra.

Car is a 2010 LS3 c6.

Hoping to make anything north of 470.

THe BEST way to measure IMO is to use dial indicators. You will still need to replace the hydraulic lifter with a solid lifter, and use a check spring in place of the valvespring. (you can get a check spring from Home Depot... they have these packs of screen door springs for like 5 bucks) and for a solid lifter, I just welded a bad hydraulic one. Also make sure you use a head gasket (an old one since you will toss it when done) and tq the heads down....

here is what it looks like all set up:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/Juicedh22/IMG_2352.jpg

Start the motor.............

yea but you have heating of the metals and such, so what might work at cold start up might not work with back to back 2-4th gear runs...

THe BEST way to measure IMO is to use dial indicators. You will still need to replace the hydraulic lifter with a solid lifter, and use a check spring in place of the valvespring. (you can get a check spring from Home Depot... they have these packs of screen door springs for like 5 bucks) and for a solid lifter, I just welded a bad hydraulic one. Also make sure you use a head gasket (an old one since you will toss it when done) and tq the heads down....

here is what it looks like all set up:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/Juicedh22/IMG_2352.jpg

Is that something a shop does/or I can request, when they put a cam in?

great info by the way..

Did you pick the cam, or did IPS recommend it? If IPS recommended it, then I would say it's their responsibility to make sure the clearance is correct.

I think Dave was kidding about "Start the motor", although you will find out if you have adequate clearance or not very quickly.

yea but you have heating of the metals and such, so what might work at cold start up might not work with back to back 2-4th gear runs...

I was just being an ass. Nothing is going to be "easy" to check for that. If it's questionable, then check.

Did you pick the cam, or did IPS recommend it? If IPS recommended it, then I would say it's their responsibility to make sure the clearance is correct.

I think Dave was kidding about "Start the motor", although you will find out if you have adequate clearance or not very quickly.

It was specd out by Pat Guerra.

I was just being an ass. Nothing is going to be "easy" to check for that. If it's questionable, then check.

I figured you were.

Ok thanks guys. I have IPS looking into it.