The "Im still talking about D. Wiggs 4 years later" thread

D.Wiggs

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense to you but this is why I don't want to go on to any other forums; I end up explaining the same stuff over and over. I won't give away all of the problems with the builds because I can't wait to see them have to change their design after my car is finished or, explain to customers, why corners were cut. LOL

The most obvious problem is the one they display most prominently on every build they do-the exhaust. You don't EVER EVER EVER (catching a trend?) X-pipe a turbo'd car. Not only does it add no benefit, the pulsing of turbos actually can make things worse. Add to that the location of said X-pipe. It is SO close to the first down-turn bend that, should one turbo start to give at all, the air from the remaining good turbo will almost assuredly back feed air into the bad turbo and your engine has BIG problems.

I will give some hints as to some other issues and they have to do with placement of very important parts for turbo kits.

That's all for now;)

You have been spoon fed theoretical engineering and clearly have no clue what you're talking about. Switzer (and every Porsche tuner around the world) has been building short x piped exhaust systems for years with leading HP and ET/trap records over other designs.

Pay your team so they'll continue building your project. I look forward to whooping your ass with a poorly designed and overpriced POS.

You have been spoon fed theoretical engineering and clearly have no clue what you're talking about. Switzer (and every Porsche tuner around the world) has been building short x piped exhaust systems for years with leading HP and ET/trap records over other designs.

Pay your team so they'll continue building your project. I look forward to whooping your ass with a poorly designed and overpriced POS.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj288/Dubs740/7ilbs39slr-jordan_ooh_face.gif

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj288/Dubs740/129161956729992540.gif

And post up! The people would love to hear from you.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?669223-D.Wiggs-and-the-mythological-LP670-TT-car&p=8762838#post8762838

Its over 63,000 members can be witness to your greatness.

Its a chance to take your build to another level. Let everyone see how great it is, how great you are! You could be the coolest guy in D.wiggs ville....

Fuck the supra forum I wish D bag would talk crap like this on yellowbullet. The ass rape would be legendary

Can you put this in retard for me; what I'm getting from this: after the turbos, there is an X intersection in the exhaust and it is extremely close to a down turn that air will back feed into a failing turbo?

You have a lot of learning to do.

Oh Jamie dont forget about the harmonics from the turbo's pulsing, they could cause an earthquake that would split the earth in two.

You have a lot of learning to do.

I've never seen UGR's setup, so, I would say so.

Wealthy men (or women) don't usually surround themselves with dumb people. Engineers' can get their ego attached to an idea, and even if that idea doesn't turn out to be correct or is disproven with data, sometimes the ego dies hard with it.

I'm honostly interested in the theory, just need to le`google the setup.

Wealthy men (or women) don't usually surround themselves with dumb people.

But sometimes they do. I've seen it. I think rich dimwitted folk need people to sit around and agree with their poor decisions in exchange for semi-greatness.

Do Not Want.

D. Wiggs does not strike me as a terribly intelligent guy. More educated than I, certainly. I currently average about $800/month and I'm happier than I have been on 10+ years... So, on that note D. Wiggs, you got something to say? Bring it. You're out of your element, I promise you.

:masturboy:

You don't EVER EVER EVER (catching a trend?) X-pipe a turbo'd car. Not only does it add no benefit, the pulsing of turbos actually can make things worse. Add to that the location of said X-pipe. It is SO close to the first down-turn bend that, should one turbo start to give at all, the air from the remaining good turbo will almost assuredly back feed air into the bad turbo and your engine has BIG problems.

So, as someone who's masters thesis was around race engine design, I would like to say, you have no idea WTF you are talking about. :lol: This sounds almost exactly to me what the kids would tell me when I quized them on engine design (I taught Auto Design Series (undergraduate level)), and they didnt know/understand and were BSing an answer to me.

The pulsing of turbos makes things worse? If you were one of hte students, I would ask two questions... elaborate on pulsing, followed by what do you mean by worse? (to see how deep I could get you to go before admitting you didnt really know)

Let's get to your next point, x-pipe location and effect on scavenging (big hint word there for you). Yes the closer the xpipe to the engine exit, the increased effect on scavenging, but please tell me, in detail, how this would result in a 'back feed' in air to the turbo to the extent it causes "BIG problems" for the engine?

Point blank: A non-optimized x-pipe location (or the use of one vs not) does have an effect on volumetric efficiency, per rpm, (which I would guestimate no more than +/-5-10% range) but to suggest it will cause engine failure/malfunction, is just silly.

So, as someone who's masters thesis was around race engine design, I would like to say, you have no idea WTF you are talking about. :lol: This sounds almost exactly to me what the kids would tell me when I quized them on engine design (I taught Auto Design Series (undergraduate level)), and they didnt know/understand and were BSing an answer to me.

The pulsing of turbos makes things worse? If you were one of hte students, I would ask two questions... elaborate on pulsing, followed by what do you mean by worse? (to see how deep I could get you to go before admitting you didnt really know)

Let's get to your next point, x-pipe location and effect on scavenging (big hint word there for you). Yes the closer the xpipe to the engine exit, the increased effect on scavenging, but please tell me, in detail, how this would result in a 'back feed' in air to the turbo to the extent it causes "BIG problems" for the engine?

Point blank: A non-optimized x-pipe location (or the use of one vs not) does have an effect on volumetric efficiency, per rpm, (which I would guestimate no more than +/-5-10% range) but to suggest it will cause engine failure/malfunction, is just silly.

Knowledge bomb has been dropped

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/Smart_bomb.gif

Holy cow I am car illiterate......guess thats why i am broke paying people to fix my junk lol

BRB installing an X pipe after every turbo I own

I'm not suggesting an x-pipe is a great adder of power to a twin turbo exhaust either. Scavenging is a primary VE benefit to an n/a motor, but once you put the exhaust wheel in between the engine and hte x-pipe the flow characteristics and needs are altered. In reality, on a multiple turbo application, i wouldnt imagine the x-pipe as having a significant effect either way. Though I would have to put more thought/theory behind it first.