Cars and Coffee - 4/21/12

zeitgeist57

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I parked my STi on the other side of the lot last year away from the expensive stuff and went to look at cars came back and guys were taking pics of my car. I was shocked and flattered. I thought the meet last year was very laid back. The car talk that goes on between these guys is pretty funny to eavesdrop on. I over heard 2 guys talking about "options" on their Ferraris. Never really thought there were "options" on those. LOL
don't flatter your self they were probably taking pics so they could report some shitty car in there lot

I went to the exotic cruise last year with them in my srt jeep. Most of them were cool, asked me about my car and took pictures. Some other people turned their nose up for parking in their parking lot. Luckily I am friends with one of them and he parked next to me..
screw those snbby bastards. Hope they get a galarado shoved up there ass for being too good for others.
  • Upvote 1

don't flatter your self they were probably taking pics so they could report some shitty car in there lot

Sick burn bruh

screw those snbby bastards. Hope they get a galarado shoved up there ass for being too good for others.

Jealousy is an ugly emotion.

Erica and I swung by the new albany meet as well. Pretty shitty atmosphere, sorta what we expected though. All the fabulous people. Pretty neat to see a Fisker Karma in person regardless of how it was funded to begin with. Saw the ever popular Wiggs and his wife. The black Gallardo vert was a UGR car, had really sticky meats on it and everything. The black TT was an RS and was the gentleman that picked up his car right before Jones did. He was the only person who would even acknowledge us and talk about his car for a little bit.

Pics shortly.

Erica and I swung by the new albany meet as well. Pretty shitty atmosphere, sorta what we expected though. All the fabulous people. Pretty neat to see a Fisker Karma in person regardless of how it was funded to begin with. Saw the ever popular Wiggs and his wife. The black Gallardo vert was a UGR car, had really sticky meats on it and everything. The black TT was an RS and was the gentleman that picked up his car right before Jones did. He was the only person who would even acknowledge us and talk about his car for a little bit.

Pics shortly.

The atmosphere was very low-key and friendly. You have to come up to people and start talking; we all know each other and are catching up as this is the first meet of the year. People aren't going to go running up to you if no one knows you. You guys need more self-confidence in person. If you had 1/100th of the confidence in person that you do on this board, you wouldn't walk away feeling shunned. And by 'you', I'm speaking generically.

Pics shortly.

Hey my wife said you all waved as we were leaving, sorry to miss you guys, we had an appointment at 11am to see a condo to rent and not many people are willing to rent less than 6 months. We only have a couple of choices and must move in 3 weeks or less. Hope you guys understand. I talked to a couple people there, Bobby and Graham Rahal were very nice and approachable. We were approached by a few of the wives and GFs to see my son. LOL Oh and Bobby's new R8 is sick.

I will admit the CR version is a little better social atmosphere, I think some of that is my fault though, honestly I have a hard time approaching some of these guys. Not sure really how to start the conversation with out coming off as a fan boy. I do wish a lot of these guys could be more like DOC, he has always been 1st class and put others at ease like he did when he brought the Flying Spur out. I only attend one of theirs a year, mainly this one because it's close to home. I had fun just not as much as I do at CRs event.