Lets talk about Trimmers/Edgers

IVRINGS

Let me here what you think. I've always have had good luck with my Echo's when I bought new, but the one I have now was not treated to well. So after spending 50-60 bucks doing a few updates to it I'm just going to buy new unless my brother-in-law works some magic. This is the one I thinking of getting since it is the intro stright shaft that I can get some attachments for.

Echo SRM-225

Maybe this one too, but never used a Toro

Toro Model 51974

I've used the hell out of two straight-shaft echos for at least 10 years and they're still going strong. No commercial use, just around my house. The only thing I've had to replace is the primer bulbs and string. The older Toro mowers were great, but I don't know about any of their newer stuff.

I see the commercial guys go with the Echos, but I've personally had great luck with every Toro product myself or my dad has ever owned.

We have a 3 or 4 yr old Toro Trimmer that starts right up every time. It is a straight shaft similar to the one you linked (maybe identical) that also has the edger attachment.

Same with me I always found keeping good gas and the right mix of oil was the only thing I ever really needed to do. I also just found that Cub Cadet makes trimers, but I think they might be rebadged. Both models have bigger motors, but I don't really need more weight when having to carry it around for a while. Anyone know about this?

Cub Cadet 27cc

Cub Cadet 29cc

My bad! Hey last time I asked about something I found we have a Whirlpool guy that saved me a lot of money. :fuckyeah: Maybe I should of just said anyone got a hook up?

Same with me I always found keeping good gas and the right mix of oil was the only thing I ever really needed to do. I also just found that Cub Cadet makes trimers, but I think they might be rebadged. Both models have bigger motors, but I don't really need more weight when having to carry it around for a while. Anyone know about this?

Cub Cadet 27cc

Cub Cadet 29cc

I think a lot of Cub Cadet small engine stuff is rebaged. I have a cub cadet snow blower that is rebaged (cant remember from what, just know from buying parts)

We have a ryobi like this

http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-Outdoor-Power-Equipment-Trimmers-Edgers-String-Trimmers/Ryobi/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbx8iZ1aw/R-202042170/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051 (this one in particular has some shitty reviews, but its not our exact one either)

It's been very, very good to us. There is tons of attachments you can get for light duty use (chainsaw, tiller, giant swinging steel plate bush destroyer)

After reading tons of bad reviews about the stuff at Lowes I came across the Hitatchi trimmers and I picked one up last year and really like it. They use commercial grade Tanaka engines which are supposed to be great. I picked up the split shaft version but the 1 piece has a ton of positive reviews on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003JTGNMI/ref=mp_s_a_2?qid=1334853930&sr=8-2

I'm also trying to look into RedMax since Brian said something in that other post, I'm having a hard time finding prices local vs online. Shmaa I might have to try those out since Home Depot seems to have them

once you pick one out bring it over and test it out at my place. Thanks
Or while you are over at my place you can try it out, but I need to check how bad this little kitchen update is going to cost me before I do anything. My wife looked at me like I was well :dumb:

Looks like I'm going to have to try out some RedMax after all the people that are using them daily love them. I just had never heard of them before, but I guess it is due to I'm not a pro lawn man.