2013 Shelby GT500 offically rated at 662hp and 631tq

scoots

I'll settle for a V6 version.

But I bet the Chevrolet engineers are scrambling right now.

Not necessarily, the Camaro ZL1 is much more of an all around track car, it can at least handle well with its IRS, and even Chevrolet said they're not too phased by the GT500 and the truly insane power (when the GT500 was initially announced). That GT500 is going to be a true monster on the dragstrip though, I would love to have one at some point maybe 10 years from now.

Not necessarily, the Camaro ZL1 is much more of an all around track car, it can at least handle well with its IRS, and even Chevrolet said they're not too phased by the GT500 and the truly insane power (when the GT500 was initially announced). That GT500 is going to be a true monster on the dragstrip though, I would love to have one at some point maybe 10 years from now.

Ofcoarse they SAY they are unphased. What else can they say?

I can assure you their panties are in a bunch. 95% of people that buy brand new ZL1s and GT500s will never track them. They merely want to have the biggest and best, latest and greatest. In the bragging world its all about HP. One of the 13 GT500s I ordered was for a guy who was going to get a ZL1. Had Ford left the Shelby at its 2012 HP levels this guy, (and many like him) would own a ZL1 now.

The thing is it is a SHELBY version. Sort of like Calloway isn't it in the Chevy world. So this isn't a stock production. Or am i full of shit ?

??

These cars have been around for a while now. Its considered a mass production vehicle and is assembled on the EXACT same assembly line as a V6, GT, etc. It is not a tuner car, like a roush/steeda/saleen/lingenfelter/etc.

It comes with a full warranty, is purchased from a normal ford dealership, etc etc.

Even more reason to trade my '07 in. hhmmm

Ofcoarse they SAY they are unphased. What else can they say?

I can assure you their panties are in a bunch. 95% of people that buy brand new ZL1s and GT500s will never track them. They merely want to have the biggest and best, latest and greatest. In the bragging world its all about HP. One of the 13 GT500s I ordered was for a guy who was going to get a ZL1. Had Ford left the Shelby at its 2012 HP levels this guy, (and many like him) would own a ZL1 now.

Guess I'm in the 5%

Any idea on prices yet?

54k base price

They won't be available at INVOICE, thats a fact - lol

Sure they will. Guy across the street bought a 2012 for 3k below sticker, and that was before they annonced the huge jump in HP for the 2013's

These cars will NOT be rare in any way. Ford will build as many as the market demands so anyone paying any form of markup is just silly. Look at all the idiots that paid $10-20k+ markups on the 2007 model. Where are they now and what are they worth...