Plastidip SRSLY?

Rocky31186

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takes alot of work. I looked into doing my GTO for the lulz once.

It doesnt take that much work at all... Just taping off, and whatever you dont tape off you just rub with your finger.. They didnt even tape off the lights or emblems.

Ive done wheels with plastidip, they turn out decent..

But once you get a rock chip or bugs its pretty much done..

I think my 68 is getting this treatment for a summer or so till I do a correct all over on her. It is stupid easy and pretty cheap compared to just about any other options. Plus when you get tired of it you can undo it in like 30 minutes

Good luck with that.

You better hope you put it on thick enough.

I did a single wheel, and it took me 30 minutes to get off because it was too thin, and didn't come off in big pieces.

ya I plan to do like 6 coats from a full on paint gun so it should be ok. It is bare metal now so I can't hurt anything anyway.

DO NOT DO IT.

Go to a John Deere Dealership, get the Black paint they affer. It looks Primered/Sueded but it's paint. And it's cheap too.

I used the spray on stuff to do my front Mazda emblem (plastic covered with fake chrome whatever originally). Did about 3 coats total, and has been on there for nearly a year without a single chip or scratch. I figured winter would be the true test with salt and freezing temps, but it has held up surprisingly well. Not to mention it's cheap and there is almost no prep at all compared to painting it.

DO NOT DO IT.

Go to a John Deere Dealership, get the Black paint they affer. It looks Primered/Sueded but it's paint. And it's cheap too.

No then I have to re- strip it when I get ready to paint it this winter. I have gallons of cheap single stage paint if I so wanted to but this should be much easier

Didn't Throne do this to a car?

I used duplicolor truck bed liner. But yes . Ty did it to the hood of his subaru and had issues with it pealing

http://www.40roll.com/ats/sideshot.JPG

ohh how i miss that car

No then I have to re- strip it when I get ready to paint it this winter. I have gallons of cheap single stage paint if I so wanted to but this should be much easier

I hope you have plenty of time and wire wheels. That stuff is ridiculous.

I used duplicolor truck bed liner. But yes . Ty did it to the hood of his subaru and had issues with it pealing

http://www.40roll.com/ats/sideshot.JPG

ohh how i miss that car

My 03 WRX was far from a 2000$ car.

:gabe: