Iron Pony "the bike shop"

cmoosego

Well, I finally got the cash together and bought a set of tires for the ride, I decided to take my bike to the "new" shop that opened up in the pony to have them do it this time so I could see how the rear end came apart (1st bike and 1st set of new tires). Got a quote over the phone of 330.00 OTD, so I go in last saturday to "get'r done" everything goes as planned till the service guy comes out and tells me they don't have the tires I want in the size I "need" in stock, so we go back and start looking at comperable tires cause the process has already begun, and I'm not gonna ride it back home and wait till tires get ordered. We find some tires that work (price and quality wise) and he loads them up, I notice that one is a 150/80-15, I mention to the guy that I thought my bike had a 170/80-15 as the OEM replacement, he say's "nope you would need to get the rim off of a c-90 for that to fit". I respond "are you sure?" to which he replies " definitely." Ok so I figure I might be wrong, let's get this over with and move on... well they got finished everything went smooth, and I rode home.... when I noticed the bike kinda handled differently, like it was loose in the rear. So, I get home and look up the suzuki specs on my bike.... Low and behold... I was right, it does take a 170/80-15.... now I'm a little perturbed, and did I mention I paid 60 bucks extra for the tires? So, I wait till today to take the bike back over to "the pony", get it over there and go over the story with specs and recipt in hand with Dave ( I think he runs the shop), and "no problem" was his response... they brought the bike in got it on a lift and swapped out the rear for the correct size, AND refunded me the difference in price! ( this is all after I put nearly 100 miles on the 150/80-15) So, I must say I was very impressed overall with the value of service and the way I was treated all around. I would have the guys there work on my bike anytime... So, in closing if you need something done in a timely manner, with quality and customer service... THE PONY is the place to go....00020143.gif to Dave and the Guys in "THE SHOP" you did awesome and I appreciate it....

Would have been nice if they put the right size on in the first place, but at least they acknowledged their mistake and took care of the problem. Good deal.

yeah, but they were on top of getting it fixed toot sweet....

Was there today as well. Always great service! Been going there since it was the little hole in the wall across the street.

They have their grand opening of Yamaha Of Columbus on 4/18. Freebies and food. Good place for an Ohio Rider gathering!

It's cool that they took care of you, but that was a really stupid mistake for them to make in the first place.

I figure the guy that wrote me in the first time was kinda new... and thought he knew something that maybe he didn't.... I get the impression that Dave will be on him tomorrow.... Like I said, I'd trust Dave to take care of any issue I might have in the future...

Hey guys thanks so much for the good reviews. I completly understand the concern for a simple mistake to happen again. Im honestly a little ashamed that a tire size mistake can happen considering we have cross reffrence books all over the store, and im truley sorry that happend. If any of you have any questions, Tire Qs espesially, come see me at the tire counter. For those of you who dont know my name is Justin and I would be more than happy to help anybody with any question they might have. If at any time your not sure what your bike takes come see us at the parts counter and well find out for you.

Glad to hear they took care of you, & made it right Chris!

I need to get down there in the next 6 weeks before the Castle Tour ride & use my gift cert for a new front tire on the 'Bird

Paskey....Very professional & sincere response.

Edited by Fonzie

Would have been nice if they put the right size on in the first place, but at least they acknowledged their mistake and took care of the problem. Good deal.

Yeah, kind of a bullshit mistake, but at least they didn't give you a hard time fixing it. I will remember to be extra assertive with newbs there....

Was there today as well. Always great service! Been going there since it was the little hole in the wall across the street.

They have their grand opening of Yamaha Of Columbus on 4/18. Freebies and food. Good place for an Ohio Rider gathering!

+1 Sounds like fun!! Need to blow some more money on motorcycle shit anyway!

Glad you said it. I don't want to be Debbie Downer all the time. ;)

does that mean you won't be debbie on our date later this month??? :D someone has to wear the skirt in this dtc thing.... maybe sam will....

Hey guys thanks so much for the good reviews. I completly understand the concern for a simple mistake to happen again. Im honestly a little ashamed that a tire size mistake can happen considering we have cross reffrence books all over the store, and im truley sorry that happend. If any of you have any questions, Tire Qs espesially, come see me at the tire counter. For those of you who dont know my name is Justin and I would be more than happy to help anybody with any question they might have. If at any time your not sure what your bike takes come see us at the parts counter and well find out for you.

Like I said, honest mistake by a rookie I'm guessing... Dave took care of it right away, I'd have you guys do any heavy work on my bike, make sure the higher ups give mad props to Dave and Chris in the service shop....