Top Tip on Beer...

zeitgeist57

YOU CAN'T FREEZE IT

Well, you CAN...but it's a sloppy, slurpy, slushy, wierd-expanding-get-beer-everywhere-on-your-table kinda science experiment.

If you do freeze your beer in a can, crack it open and IMMEDIATELY pour at least half of the can into a fullsize pilsner glass. For a lower-cost beer, it doesn't kill the taste - makes it very refreshing! - but you do need to watch out for the slush effect.

I put a 24-pack in my garage freezer, to keep it cold and so I can beer myself while working outside. I now know to pull a couple cans out of the freezer 15-30minutes before I'm going to drink one. :thumbup:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-21_jyYvyZxo/T16-fJ9X6oI/AAAAAAAADqI/HaJaKxYuxfg/s400/themoreyouknow.jpg

Guest Spam
Beer isnt suppose to be frozen or anywhere near frozen. I think optimal temp is like 42 or 44 degrees F. Its the cheap ass american beer companies who make you think you need them that cold. I say fuck dat shit

Beer isnt suppose to be frozen or anywhere near frozen. I think optimal temp is like 42 or 44 degrees F. Its the cheap ass american beer companies who make you think you need them that cold. I say fuck dat shit

Coors is the only beer in the world that advertises cold as a flavor.

And it gives me serious farts.

They drink Guinness at like 38 in the UK.

fastest way to cool beer down is to put cans/bottles in a bucket/cooler with ice, water, and salt. SCIENCE!!!

^^ do that on Saturdays and Sundays (including today) which are typically our cook out days. I put the cooler that way in the morning and between drinking them I top off the ice when needed.

The only time I have a "slush" problem is when it hits one of our glass mugs that's right out of the freezer and together it's so cold the foam ices over. I just take it out and wait a minute or so before adding beer.

Yum :fa:

I heard somewhere guiness is best served around 56, not sure what the significance is though

I went to a Victory Brewing party before the Boston Beer Convention a few years back. 100% free to invitees (I was working at a liquor store at the time) and they had 2 ferkins (hop devil and prima pils) and 6 taps as well as a full german buffet. Cellar temperature > Ice cold, for good beer at least. Cold beer just freezes your taste buds and doesnt allow the flavor to come out.