DFAS Columbus, IT (Network)

Nate1647545505

dfas LOL

and jobs only open for two weeks usually means it's meant for a certain person but they legally have to post it publicly on usajobs.

Nate I probably asked you this already but I drink a lot.. do you work there on base?

dfas LOL

and jobs only open for two weeks usually means it's meant for a certain person but they legally have to post it publicly on usajobs.

Not really, If they are opening to the public and have 3 positions avail, it is up for grabs. If they have someone in mind, it would be on USA jobs, but it would say that it is opened to current DFAS employee only or even as Current DFAS Columbus emloyees only. The jobs will post for 2 weeks, sometimes even 1 week.

dfas LOL

Nate I probably asked you this already but I drink a lot.. do you work there on base?

You lol out loud, but if DFAS would take you for a 12, you would be gone and take it with a smile.

probably no different than working for DLA honestly. ill never go govt though.

Why not? They are more flexible as any civilian employer, great with military members, retirement is easy, access to tsp.

The pay freeze sucks but they are revamping IT as the old timers are slowly retiring out. If you come in at a 12 or 13, its not a bad gig.

id need to come in as like a gs13 step 5 before id think about it.

If its just numbers you're after, probably not a place you want to work for -- just yet. however .gov is a great place to settle down.

When you get old and broken, the TRICARE/Federal Blue Cross are great on coverage to put you back together.

I'm really enjoying the teleworking perk, I'm in the office 3 days a week oustide of meetings,upgrades,outages etc. That's saving an 80 mile drive one way.

Is there any way you guys could look up someone that works for the DOD in NJ? I think I've found that he works for them and want to see if I can talk to people above him about scaming them out of money and about getting banned on multi fourms for doing so.

Is there any way you guys could look up someone that works for the DOD in NJ? I think I've found that he works for them and want to see if I can talk to people above him about scaming them out of money and about getting banned on multi fourms for doing so.

Probably not the best route to go - maybe start with the local law enforcement?