OHIO MILE June 1-3 (good video inside)

Doc1647545523

I'm planning on spectating at the Ohio Mile June event in Wilmington in a few weeks, if the weather is good.

Friday, June 1st, 8 a.m.-6 p.m.: no racing, but a good day to walk around, talk to the drivers in the pits, photograph cars

Saturday, June 2nd, 8 a.m.-6 p.m.: lots of spectators, racing starts at 9 a.m.

Sunday, June 3rd, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.: same as Saturday, although cars begin clearing out in the afternoon

I plan on going maybe one or two days and would welcome anyone from CR who would like to ride along/drive along/maybe motorcycle along. Admission is $10 for one day and $15 for the whole weekend. Food vendors are on site. If you want contacted a few days before the event to iron out the details, post to the thread. Which day(s) I go will depend on the weather. It's a little over an hour from Columbus.

This is an excellent ten-minute video produced by Hot Rod magazine covering last month's event:

There will be a cruise in on Saturday evening, it will likely be a smaller scale than what is typically around Columbus but should still be a good time.

There are a few good 'Mom and Pop' style local restaurants downtown as well.

General Denver-Historical hotel with pub style food/alcohol.

Mediterranean-Italian

Jen's Deli-name pretty much sums it up.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wX1m67II7u0/TzVnQP4lqNI/AAAAAAAABio/gN0k4GYPMQA/s400/Cruise+In+Flier2.jpg

Interested for saturday, what time would you be leaving to go up there?

I'm flexible on the time, but just to throw an idea out, how's this:

8 a.m. meet at Cars & Coffee

8:30-9ish leave for Wilmington

That will put us at the gate after the initial spectator rush to watch the start of the racing.

If anyone wants to carpool there, I'll be driving the outlaw car :rolleyes:

You can leave your car at Lennox and get dropped back there at the end of the day. If you're driving your own car, figure about 60 miles each way. I do not recommend GPS routing to get there (Ask Alex L if you don't believe me). PM me for directions if you're driving at another time on your own.

There's also a Cruise-In in Wilmington at 6 p.m., I'm not sure I want to stay for all that, but if people riding with me really wanted to go to that, I'd be willing to check it out for an hour or two.

I'm flexible on the time, but just to throw an idea out, how's this:

8 a.m. meet at Cars & Coffee

8:30-9ish leave for Wilmington

That will put us at the gate after the initial spectator rush to watch the start of the racing.

If anyone wants to carpool there, I'll be driving the outlaw car :rolleyes:

You can leave your car at Lennox and get dropped back there at the end of the day. If you're driving your own car, figure about 60 miles each way. I do not recommend GPS routing to get there (Ask Alex L if you don't believe me). PM me for directions if you're driving at another time on your own.

There's also a Cruise-In in Wilmington at 6 p.m., I'm not sure I want to stay for all that, but if people riding with me really wanted to go to that, I'd be willing to check it out for an hour or two.

This should work, I'll plan on getting to C&C around 8:15 unless something comes up later in the week.

Okay, plans are solidifying for Saturday:

8:00 Cars & Coffee at Lennox Cup o' Joe's

8:30 leave for Wilmington

I've got one passenger so far (Wagner) with room for two more, and our plan is to leave Wilmington in the late afternoon to be back in Columbus by supper. If you plan to stay later (for example, for the evening cruise-in) you should plan on driving.

I will bring a large cooler with drinks from the hangout. Food vendors at the event have pizza, fair food, burgers, hot dogs and such.

Bring a lawn chair, light jacket/hoodie (60's most of the day, some rain possible), camera.