Valvoline Oil Change

Sully

Yeah, I think the prices are a little high also, but it's up to the person what they are willing to do and pay. I take care of the oil changes on most of our vehicles, but the dd honda gets VIOC (I have a former student who works there). $20 for a rotation also seems high when you're talking about how simple it is on a rack. But a business needs to pay for the rack, impact, air compressor, etc... If I was the average person working with my shitty jack that came with the car, $20 for a tire rotation would probably be a bargain.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think the prices are a little high also, but it's up to the person what they are willing to do and pay. I take care of the oil changes on most of our vehicles, but the dd honda gets VIOC (I have a former student who works there). $20 for a rotation also seems high when you're talking about how simple it is on a rack. But a business needs to pay for the rack, impact, air compressor, etc... If I was the average person working with my shitty jack that came with the car, $20 for a tire rotation would probably be a bargain.

I was told there is an insurance adjustment for doing something that requires the wheels come off the car which drives the price. Yes, morons do in fact fail to fasten the wheels correctly and nobody every comes in for the recommended re-torque.

For what it's worth, a friend of mine always has his car serviced at the Valvoline on Polaris, and he said his car (Acura RSX) felt unsually bogged down and VTEC wouldn't engage. FWIW, VTEC is engaged by an oil pressure actuated solenoid, so that usually means the car is low on oil. So I took the car for an hour, and the first thing I did was check the oil. He told me "It can't be low on oil, they just changed it less than 2,000 miles ago". The dipstick was bone dry. I ended up putting in 3.8 quarts of oil to get the dipstick to have a healthy reading. This motor only takes about 4.x quarts from the get go. After that, I drove it around, VTEC worked, it idled better, etc. I'm left to believe that they drained his old oil and never put anything back in.

For what it's worth, a friend of mine always has his car serviced at the Valvoline on Polaris, and he said his car (Acura RSX) felt unsually bogged down and VTEC wouldn't engage. FWIW, VTEC is engaged by an oil pressure actuated solenoid, so that usually means the car is low on oil. So I took the car for an hour, and the first thing I did was check the oil. He told me "It can't be low on oil, they just changed it less than 2,000 miles ago". The dipstick was bone dry. I ended up putting in 3.8 quarts of oil to get the dipstick to have a healthy reading. This motor only takes about 4.x quarts from the get go. After that, I drove it around, VTEC worked, it idled better, etc. I'm left to believe that they drained his old oil and never put anything back in.

not true, all the RSX's, TSX's, and Civic's that have that shit engine are having oil consumption issues, mostly the manual transmission cars but I've seen some automatic cars with the same issue, called Tech line about the issue and their answer is Honda says 1qt of oil every 1,000 miles is normal, and they recommend checking the oil at every other fill up

Edited by SinisterSS

The engine would blow up without oil in 2k mile, yes even a Honda.

It's great that most of us can do our oil change and regular maintenance, but some people are just clueless when it come to cars.

You also need to remember because of the price of running the business is so high now, thank to our elected officials, they have to do what they can to survive.

not true, all the RSX's, TSX's, and Civic's that have that shit engine are having oil consumption issues, mostly the manual transmission cars but I've seen some automatic cars with the same issue, called Tech line about the issue and there answer is Honda says 1qt of oil every 1,000 miles is normal, and they recommend checking the oil at every other fill up

Toyota says the same thing about the camry's..

not true, all the RSX's, TSX's, and Civic's that have that shit engine are having oil consumption issues, mostly the manual transmission cars but I've seen some automatic cars with the same issue, called Tech line about the issue and there answer is Honda says 1qt of oil every 1,000 miles is normal, and they recommend checking the oil at every other fill up

To the best of my knowledge, it's not burning oil, no visible deposit on the exhuast, no smokescreen, etc.

Ive owned a half dozen hondas and they only one that didnt eat atleast 1.5 quarts every 1000 miles was a new 2006 civic. Maybe just bad luck but small oil capacity combined with a high thirst for protroleum is a recipe for disaster especially on people like the dude with the rsx who didnt check his oil for 2k miles.

true story, customer had her 2006 MDX towed to the dealership because Valvoline replaced the battery and now the car wont start, car gets assigned to me, I walk out open the hood and instantly started laughing my ass off, the idiots didn't take the black or red battery post covers off, they just installed the battery cables over them, apparently they were too stupid to see what they didn't do, needless to say we didn't charge the customer anything for Valvoline's fuck up, told the customer to make that Valvoline shop reimburse her for the tow bill

true story, customer had her 2006 MDX towed to the dealership because Valvoline replaced the battery and now the car wont start, car gets assigned to me, I walk out open the hood and instantly started laughing my ass off, the idiots didn't take the black or red battery post covers off, they just installed the battery cables over them, apparently they were too stupid to see what they didn't do, needless to say we didn't charge the customer anything for Valvoline's fuck up, told the customer to make that Valvoline shop reimburse her for the tow bill

I've had the same thing towed into the shop before. Morons.