It's here, haters!

Draco-REX

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO that wheel/tire combo is a large step backwards in the looks department. Needs to be at least +1 and then a mild drop. Not sure about these cars yet. Remind me of a genesis and every one of those I've seen in person are falling apart already.

IMHO that wheel/tire combo is a large step backwards in the looks department. Needs to be at least +1 and then a drop..

THIS

And, the problem is.... that every wanna be is going to go out and buy one... then "do it" wrong.....

Coilovers man, coilovers.

THIS TOO

IMHO that wheel/tire combo is a large step backwards in the looks department. Needs to be at least +1 and then a mild drop. Not sure about these cars yet. Remind me of a genesis and every one of those I've seen in person are falling apart already.

It must be a taste thing, because I'm having trouble seeing what the issue is with these wheels. If someone were to say "I really don't like the Volks on your STI", I could see where they're coming from; the wheels on my STI have some very unflattering angles. But I think these Weds looks really good, and are much better than stock. Other than fitments that are more for show, or wheel designs that I just don't like, I'm not sure how these could be much improved.

I think it's a form vs function thing. I just land a bit more towards the function side of the equation.

It must be a taste thing, because I'm having trouble seeing what the issue is with these wheels. If someone were to say "I really don't like the Volks on your STI", I could see where they're coming from; the wheels on my STI have some very unflattering angles. But I think these Weds looks really good, and are much better than stock. Other than fitments that are more for show, or wheel designs that I just don't like, I'm not sure how these could be much improved.

I think it's a form vs function thing. I just land a bit more towards the function side of the equation.

I don't think this has anything to do with it. You didn't buy "function" wheels, as these aren't that light, especially for a 17" wheel. If you bought a 16lb 17" wheel, ok, thats great, function>form.

You bought wheels that checked as many boxes as you could. They just don't happen to have mass appeal here.

I think they look good overall, they need a center cap, and the car needs lowered.

Yeah, I'm just curious at this point. I'm trying to see them in a different light.

I think the 17" wheels already look good on the small car, but they'll probably look a lot better once I lower it. The roofline is already just about two wheel-heights tall, dropping the car an inch will put it below which should make it look even better.

Curious as to only getting springs though, as for any platform I have been a part of, its the cheap way out (not performance oriented, looks only people).

The guys that want performance usually get coilovers, and good ones (bilsteins, KW V3s, AST, Etc).

RaceComp Engineering springs. They actually pay attention to things like suspension geometry and proper corner rates. They even put the stock dampers on a shock dyno to properly match the springs to them. The new ones will be 250 lb/in F/R which actually puts them at nearly 65% critically damped, as the car is a little overdamped from the factory (probably for this reason). The kit even comes with shortened bumpstops.

No, if I were just getting drop springs, I'd slap on a set of Tein POS-Tech springs and ride on my bumpstops all day.

It's ~1K for the suspension package I want (Springs, upper mounts, front crash bolts, and rear camber kit), or $2.5K for coils... Since I have no intention of competing for points with this car, I think the extra 1.5K will better go to the rest of the car.