It's here, haters!

Draco-REX

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess C&D did a test with stock size 17" Star specs and knocked almost 2 seconds a lap off the track they tested vs stock tires.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/special-report/scion-fr-s-tire-transformation

Their 18" test is invalid because it was an inch taller than stock.

Great review. For the price, I think he'd rather have the GT86. But if price isn't a factor, I think he'd choose the Cayman. He's spot on with everything he says about the GT86/FR-S/BRZ/ETC/WTF/BBQ. I can't speak from experience about the 370Z or Cayman though.

I'm whoring a car I dislike.

Seems like a fun car in general though.

And this is why it's such a great car. Even those who dislike it will talk about it. It's the "Howard Stern" effect. :lolguy:

Their 18" test is invalid because it was an inch taller than stock.

Great review. For the price, I think he'd rather have the GT86. But if price isn't a factor, I think he'd choose the Cayman. He's spot on with everything he says about the GT86/FR-S/BRZ/ETC/WTF/BBQ. I can't speak from experience about the 370Z or Cayman though.

And this is why it's such a great car. Even those who dislike it will talk about it. It's the "Howard Stern" effect. :lolguy:

Dude, I am a car guy. I am not close minded, I enjoy all cars. I research all cars, I try to drive as many as I can fit in, regardless of who makes them.

The more you know...

You might try the whole keep an open mind thing. I feel that you want everyone to accept the BRZ/FRS, but you are the first person do dismiss other cars on random crap you deem as fact.

Just an observation. Cool cars though.

PS, his statements about the car "moving" and being entertaining seem like a result of the tires. Something tells me adding yours or some star specs would quiet down the "fun" he spoke of.

Dude, I am a car guy. I am not close minded, I enjoy all cars. I research all cars, I try to drive as many as I can fit in, regardless of who makes them.

The more you know...

:confused:

I'm whoring a car I dislike.

You might try the whole keep an open mind thing. I feel that you want everyone to accept the BRZ/FRS, but you are the first person do dismiss other cars on random crap you deem as fact.

I have an open mind and I am far from the first to put down a car. There are some things I dislike about some cars. FWD is one, but I can admit that there are some good FWD cars. However, I have driven FWD cars and I do not like how they drive. Heavy weight doesn't improve any car, I am pretty set on that one however. And while I can appreciate the work put into cars that are more show than go, I don't think I should feel like I have to own one. It's an opinion. CR is built on opinion.

I know that not everyone will like the BRZ. I just find it interesting that those that decry it as an overpriced slug add just as much buzz as those who like it. These threads on CR alone are indicative of the "Howard Stern" effect. I have never said someone is wrong for not liking the BRZ. I have, however tried to put comments in perspective. But frankly, the exaggerated comments are more amusing to me than anything.

PS, his statements about the car "moving" and being entertaining seem like a result of the tires. Something tells me adding yours or some star specs would quiet down the "fun" he spoke of.

The wider, stickier tires have tightened the handling a bit, but it still moves around enough to be fun. I'm wondering how much of that is the lack of negative camber on the car. It will be interesting to see how the car changes once I get the suspension sorted.

Interesting review. I've driven a 370z and agree with him. Haven't driven a BRZ but his points about how it's tail slides out just a bit but not too much, etc. make me wonder if the one that wrecked up at Mid Ohio....did that guy even drive his car to the limits on dry road?

Interesting review. I've driven a 370z and agree with him. Haven't driven a BRZ but his points about how it's tail slides out just a bit but not too much, etc. make me wonder if the one that wrecked up at Mid Ohio....did that guy even drive his car to the limits on dry road?

I was there behind that guy and in his defense the track was slick as ice. All that Indy rubber and water made it slick. He also did not take it easy on that turn like he should have and then reacted poorly when it did slide.

The Rocket Bunny kit prototype is off the computer screen and in reality:

http://insidekami.com/2012/08/trust-japan-takes-scion-fr-s-and-makes-it-awesome/

I really like it.

Judging by your ultra-conservative idea/creation of a car build....That kit is the "reverse cow girl" to your "missionary-only" car sexlife....

Cliff's notes:

- you wont

Judging by your ultra-conservative idea/creation of a car build....That kit is the "reverse cow girl" to your "missionary-only" car sexlife....

Cliff's notes:

- you wont

Probably not. But that's because this is my DD, not a show or track car. Who knows how the future will go though? When it comes time to trade I'll see how the chassis has developed. If it doesn't seem to have gone anywhere interesting, I might start looking into an actual build. I think this car is a better base for something wild than the STI.

Probably not. But that's because this is my DD, not a show or track car. Who knows how the future will go though? When it comes time to trade I'll see how the chassis has developed. If it doesn't seem to have gone anywhere interesting, I might start looking into an actual build. I think this car is a better base for something wild than the STI.

gve it 1 year. Everyone and their mother will make coilovers for the damn thing... Tein, Stance, Ksport, Buddy Club, K-Mart, Nike, Dyson, Kraft, and "The Salty Dog" will have a limited edition super sport Red version....

gve it 1 year. Everyone and their mother will make coilovers for the damn thing... Tein, Stance, Ksport, Buddy Club, K-Mart, Nike, Dyson, Kraft, and "The Salty Dog" will have a limited edition super sport Red version....

They're already out there. Hell there were coils available before the car hit our shores (granted they were Tein's crappy line with nose-heavy Impreza spring rates). I'm more interested in what Toyota and Subaru do. A forced block from the factory might be more stout than the NA block for instance..

So when it's out of warranty and the loan is paid down I'll decide if I want to go with a better factory model, or do something like this:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12012&stc=1&d=1344248283

• 3 weeks later...

Lower: (believe it or not)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8442/7939724984_52cb8035cf_c.jpg

Front lip (deceptive lowness):

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8036/7939720794_e0f5a81b49_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8040/7939719102_0dc5b13f11_c.jpg

Rear Spoiler is ordered..

Possibly a winter project:

Turn this..

http://www.mx-performance.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/Ruckus_black.jpg

into something like this...

http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/982591sb_ruckus_2.jpg